Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2017 MSRA SUPER SECRET FUN RUN / BRAINERD MN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chucky, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Looking forward to this weekend. Anybody else going?
    image.jpeg

UPDATE : Canceled my trip due to rain in the forecast.
    image.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Can't make it this year. I have a work/life balance problem.

Have fun and keep it off the guard rails.

[​IMG]

The 39 guy and Chucky like this.
  3. earlymopar

earlymopar

Gorgeous 63!

- EM

Chucky likes this.
  4. 64 Stude

64 Stude
    from Minnesota

I was out there this morning in the rain, it was pretty dead at 8:00. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

millelacsrick and Chucky like this.

5. Thanks for posting @64 Stude - 1st post too!?

Believe me, it was very hard to cancel the trip. I rented, and picked up the car trailer at 7am on Friday (in the rain) and returned it about 2 hours later.:(:mad:

Not to mention...took the day off, bought new tie-down straps, bought and installed an electric brake controller in my truck and I even bought beef jerky!!!:D

Some of my friends are talking about going to Grove Creek next Saturday for the open "test and tune".

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  6. Roadsir

Roadsir

Chucky - Don't feel bad.....I put in a bellhousing, clutch disc, pilot bushing, 3:73 rear, safety hoop, new fuel lines, electric fan, new slicks, only to twist the rear leaf-spring brackets, and brake my pinion yoke on my first launch at Joplin.....Plus 2 nights hotel, 1300 miles round trip.....Still had fun.
    Got me thinking about the test and tune....but I'm not sure if I have it in me to get it back together!

Chucky likes this.
  7. bobw

bobw

Loaded the dragster Sat. night. Drove 150 miles. Unloaded and went through tech. started to sprinkle, then rained. Clouds all around. Stopped raining but would take a couple hours to dry the track with the clouds and humidity. No guarantee it wouldn't rain again. Loaded 'er up and went home. Thus ended the Super Secret Fun Run for 2017 for me. Maybe a rain date???

millelacsrick and Chucky like this.
  8. I'll post my Grove Creek adventures here, as long as it doesn't rain! I plan to drive my car out there.

@Roadsir / Eric, I didn't know of your Joplin breakage - that sucks...

@bobw / Hopefully next year works out better.

9. 64 Stude

64 Stude
    from Minnesota

It started to rain this morning just as it looked like we would start racing. Racing did eventually start around noon and I was able to two passes in. I pulled into the pits after the second pass to let my car cool down and look a few things over just as it started to sprinkle again. So, we packed it up and headed home. It was the first time I had raced my car and I found a few things that I need to sort out, so it wasn't a total loss.

millelacsrick likes this.