Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2017 IRON INVASION

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by silent rick, Sep 30, 2017.

1. ...a few more...
    iron invasion 10-7-17 082.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 046.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 076.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 094.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 105.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 106.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 001.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 110.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 109.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 113.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 121.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 085.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 086.jpg iron invasion 10-7-17 087.jpg

2. My last bunch.
    I love this truck!
    mylove.JPG
    channeled.JPG 36ford.JPG edselcharo.JPG desoto.JPG galaxy.JPG
    catalina.JPG 54chevy.JPG
    Happy Halloween
    halloween.jpg

3. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

That Bitchin 58 Apache truck is Bob Livingston's truck and THAT'S ride height!!!! Big block and it's a driver!! LOVE IT!!! And yea, it's lower than mine. Rinaldi

beebing likes this.
  4. That Brooks Stevens who designed the Aristocrat was a famous designer born in Milwaukee. He designed for Harley Davidson, Studebaker and Jeep to name a few. I kind of forgot about him until I Wiki'd.
    *Even designed the world famous Oscar Meyer Wienermobile.

bobwop likes this.
  5. I think he told me at Cheaterama that it had a Pontiac motor with a 4 spd. If I remember correctly.
    I asked if he would be interested in selling it. He declined.

loudbang likes this.
  6. sololobo

sololobo

great coverage, John Wells rules. He has brought an excellent event to this neighborhood.

Cincinnati Slim and loudbang like this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great Stuff Everyone...Quite the Show...Lottso Niceahh Stuff...

;)

loudbang likes this.
  8. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Great show and swapmeet even with the sketchy weather. It was cool to see all the diehards make the trip in the misting rain and enjoy the day . I didn't see or hear one bad word and just smiles and laughter .
    The swap had some great parts and cars for sale. I can't remember seeing a Miller overhead conversion model a head for cheap bucks or early hemi parts galore . The bad thing is I missed the Miller head but a buddy got it and couldn't be at a better home, can't wait to see it on the road . I am sorry I didn't take any pictures but don't carry a phone often or camera .. I seen a number of new rides and some crazy cool ones like Dans 41 Chevy. This is one of my favorite shows and swaps. Thank you for all that helped put it on ....

pprather likes this.
  9. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

figured as much. Sorry I missed you Sam. Looked around, but couldn't spot you. Were you napping?

For as long as Iron Invasion has existed, the Viejitos have been my favorite. They take great pride in their rides and present them very well. I would like to see a building dedicated to them. I enjoy seeing them at World of Wheels in Chicago as well. First class!

10. ^^^no Bob, I wasn't napping, I was enjoying the show like you. Always a good event no matter the weather. Sorry I missed you, you could've bought me lunch.
    I too love the Viejitos cars, here's a few from last year.
    AND...they did have their own building in 2015...
    iron inv 16 089.jpg iron inv 16 094.jpg iron inv 16 092.jpg iron inv 16 093.jpg

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  11. A Boner

A Boner

12. ...next year's date is October 6th, 2018.

13. A Boner

A Boner

Saw that.....I have a new plan, I'll attend if the weather is really warm and sunny....roadster weather, and if the weather is normal or worse, I'll skip the show because it will be sub parr, like it was again this year. Too far to drive to see a bunch of shitty weather cars. We don't live in California, but why have a show during the time of year when the weather is just about guaranteed to be shitty during the day and even colder early in the morning when leaving home and at night when driving home. Always thought the Hunnert Car Pileup was too late in the season also. I always thought the Pileup was so late because of the Grundy race car season, but the McHenry website makes it look like there are some open dates in September.

bobwop likes this.
  14. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Cool I will save the date and will be driving the 32 roadster or 33 Pheaton aka shitty weather car lol I know how ya feel like buddy..... The date late in the season and was picked so it doesn't conflict with other shows as a respect to other where first to the date. Bitchen show hands down see you next year!!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Cincinnati Slim likes this.
  15. ...a boner,..maybe get a car with a roof and windows and a heater...or not.
    ...I've never missed an Iron Invasion and don't plan to, no matter what the weather.
    ...all the shows can't be in June, - September....besides, this year the day after the show was sunny & 70 degrees...go figure.
    ...continentaljohn is a real hotrodder.

Cincinnati Slim likes this.
  16. A Boner

A Boner

Anyone have a list of all these Midwest traditional hot rod events in June-September?

17. von zipper

von zipper

IMG_5579.JPG IMG_5583.JPG IMG_5586.JPG IMG_5645.PNG Had a great time with some of my fellow Five Aces!