Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2017 Fall Chickasha show -worth a (long distance ) trip?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stueeee, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Stueeee

Stueeee
    from Kent, UK

My brother Chris and I usually do at least one US car show/swap meet each year. We have been to well known shows like Hershey and Carlisle numerous times, as well as shows like Charlotte Autofair, Pomona and Iola WI. Someone at Fall Carlisle last year recommended the fall event at Chickasha OK which occurs on 19-21st October this year.

I would like to go to this, but wondered whether anyone on here has been to this event, and would you recommend it -especially for the older/trad bits and pieces? Would be especially keen to hear of any other US car shows in the week before or after, as it would be good to combine two events to make a longer holiday out of a US trip.

Thanks in anticipation of any replies.

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

It's not worth crossing the pond to make it. It used to be a great swap meet, now not so much. They ruined it by infighting in the club and changing the venue. I'm only 30 minutes away and I don't go. I would plan on going to the Chickasha Pre War swap meet. It's in the spring though. You would have to wait a year. It's no Hershey, but there are a lot of cool old parts.
    http://www.pwsm.com/Info.htm

But don't wait til Friday. You need to show up about Wednesday. These guys are all old and they wanna be home by Friday.

da34guy and Stueeee like this.
  3. I like the Frog Follies in Evansville Indiana in late August. Pre 49 show with a fun attitude. (have you ever seen a bull frog jumping contest?) Mix of street, traditional, and a few rat rods.

4. sunbeam

sunbeam

Springfield Mo and you can catch the HAMB drags.

5. Stueeee

Stueeee
    from Kent, UK

Thanks very much for those useful replies, I'll look into those alternatives; Hershey and Carlisle are great shows, but we've also had great times at other US car shows, so we are keen to find 'new to us' car events.

@ Roothawg, the chap at last year's Fall Carlisle who recommended the Fall Chickasha show hadn't attended there for some years, so it was good to get an up-to-date opinion on this event -thanks again.

6. What Roothawg said, I live 20 minutes away.
    I do drive up walk around for maybe 1 hr and see if I can get lucky and find sumthin kool, usually come home empty.

7. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Hot Rod Hill Climb in Central City Colorado is a great event in the middle of September. There is a local swap meet in the area about that time but it isn't very big and not too many traditional parts.