Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2017 Buffalo Motorama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fedcospeed, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Hey, Its that time once again for the Best indoor show in Western NY. 2017 Buffalo Motorama, March 24-27,Buffalo NY , Buffalo Convention Center.

This years show will once again has two floors packed with all kinds of cars,trucks,and some special surprise entries.Main floor upstairs features show cars,local and national builders,race and street.AND some Special Guests!!!!!!!
    First floor has three rooms with a center modern style car and awards room, Womens Oasis Room with female product vendors and the always big hit...The Open Wheel Room

My focus is help organizing and running of the Open Wheel Room. This area is dedicated to the grass root Hot Rod and Custom car people and cars. Survivors Car section, Niagara Dragstrip display .The pinstripers will be back of coarse and will selling some of their work to help support again this year The CHC Learning Center of Amherst NY. Also we will be selling tickets to win a 1958 JC Higgins Motorized Bike DONATED by City Cycles of Buffalo.Live bands Friday and Saturday.

Also our infamous auto art give aways to participants, as well as new this year a Participants Favorite Pick Award as well as a Kids Favorite Award to be all presented on Saturday Night. See info below and come on out for a GREAT TIME!!! Free ramp,curb and lot parking all weekend starting at 5pm Friday

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    JohnnyDeadwater and 550Coupe like this.
  2. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Picture of bike being raffled for charity fullsizeoutput_2680fbike.jpeg

3. Southtowns27

Southtowns27
    from Western NY

Hey, I'll be there with my '48 International. I just got the email saying I'll be in the downstairs ballroom. Is that the Old Skool room?

4. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

PM sent

5. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Finishing up artwork and got even more goodie bag stuff done today.Upstairs and downstairs is FULL.Lined up more help for unloading cars for the Open Wheel Room.Good thing todays weather was not next week!!!
    Pinstripers are sent to go. Bands are set and so are alot of people working hard to put this show on.Visit the website and facebook for lots of info.$2 discount tickets available..see list on website. Hope to see some Hamb members there!! Thanks Fedco

We want to extend an invite to our Canadian Friends to come on down !!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  6. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Bumping for da weekend. Goodie bags for Open Wheel Room done.Weather looks good so far for load in day !!

7. JohnnyDeadwater

JohnnyDeadwater
    from Cairo NY

Bumpski for Jim. Looking forward to meeting you and your guys at the White Wall-Rama.

8. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

I lived in Olean NY, now live in Colorado .I went to the show in Buffalo 1974 . I think it was called the Clutch artiest show. Man it was a great show then. Is this a different Show these days ? We here in Denver lost our big indoor show so enjoy what you have .

9. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Since the 50s it was the Clutch Artist Autorama. This was the hay day of indoor shows.Was at the Maston Armory, and then the Convention Center.I remember it when I was a kid.The show had some hard times and it was then discontinued.It had a couple year run under a different promotor and then went dormant for a couple years. Please chime in anyone and correct my facts.Present day it is in its 5th year I think,new guys at the helm and is doing very well.We started the Open Wheel Room 4 years ago and that is dedicated to the glory days of hot rodding. The original guys got all the big names and cars from that era.They all did the circuit and traveled all over the country showing their cars. I promise we will not let things slip away any time soon!!!

10. Wish I could make it, already pre registered for a swapmeet this weekend.

11. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Be there or be square. Load in all done,gonna be a blast!!!

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

be sure take pics & post here

13. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

See the Dan Woods Butcher Truck this weekend in the Open Wheel Room. Its one of our Featured Rides!!!! Thanks to Klassy Kar Sales of Akron NY for making it possible

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  14. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

First day in the books. Great crowd Friday!!! Come on out and see vintage Niagara Dragstrip cars like Jumping Bean and The Maggot Studebaker . Wayne Carini was a real gentlemen and a blast to talk to.

Two live bands today. Our auto art show with those items being presented as awards tonight at 7:30.
    Lots to see on both floors with a good balance of cars. Stop by and say HELLO.. Thanks Fedco

15. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Id like to dedicate this years show in memory of Douglas P Schmidt Doughy to us,who passed away unexpectedly Sunday morning. A true blue car guy and friend to MANY