Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2016 Snohomish Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Apickup, Sep 25, 2016.

1. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I've been in Snohomish area 3 years now and haven't had the 31 pick-up at a car show since I left Michigan (I think it was Sins of Steel in 2012). My girlfriend and I visit downtown Snohomish frequently and she wanted me to get the truck out and show it off. I usually don't do the small open shows, but there are many places to eat and antique shops and so forth to visit. So I washed and waxed the truck up and spent most of the day down there. Quite a mix of cars, many not HAMB friendly, but here are the ones that I think fit. It was pretty overcast in the morning when I took most of the pictures, but it cleared up and turned out nice and sunny. Here's my 31.

my 31pu.jpg

8.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg
    5d.jpg 5c.jpg 5b.jpg 5a.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg 1b.jpg 1a.jpg

2. 31Apickup

31Apickup

14b.jpg 14a.jpg 13.jpg 12.jpg 11.jpg 10.jpg 9.jpg Here's a few more. The 37 Ford above was an old Hot Rod magazine feature car. Still had the old black and white pleated interior.

3. 30modelacoupe

30modelacoupe

Great Pics! Thanks for sharing.

henryj1951 likes this.
  4. IMG_1474897992.129688.jpg

Pretty good show this year, little smaller then it has been.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Thanks for the pics,those shows are the best...Go more often,gets more interest.

henryj1951 likes this.
  6. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

Thank you for the pics.

henryj1951 likes this.
  7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I like that '37. Nice interior. Thanks for posting.

heavydumper likes this.
  8. 31Apickup

31Apickup

1949 Mercury, is that your flamed Merc, seen it come in but there was too many people to get a picture. I really liked that 37, looked like a stocker at first, has a pretty coll history.

henryj1951 likes this.
  9. No, that's not mine. Just put the picture up. It's a really nice Merc. Mine is still in the body shop.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

henryj1951 likes this.
  10. heavydumper

heavydumper

Who owns that '37 survivor magazine car?

That's a cool rig that I have not seen before, and I live in the PNW.

Does anyone have any more information?

Thank you!

henryj1951 likes this.
  11. F-head

F-head

Carl ,
    thats Dick Flynn's old 37 , it has a 50 year old lacquer job that still looks fantastic
    so much for the expert opinions about lacquer
    from the Ballard area
    ask Gary about him
    he was an "interesting" dude to say the least
    B

henryj1951 likes this.
  12. @31Apickup
    Thanks for the show coverage, neat rides.
    You pickup is pure perfection too!

henryj1951 likes this.
  13. [​IMG]
    Your pickup is great and the color is absolutely perfect. Thanks for posting the pics of a great show. I just visited Snohomish in July after the Deuce Days Northwest show in Victoria, BC for a few days to see and old friend that I served with in the Army forty years ago. Great little town and the downtown is really cool, wish that show would have happened when I was there.

wicarnut, Hotrodmyk and henryj1951 like this.
  14. heavydumper

heavydumper

Dick Flynn's, no wonder it's so nice. I've heard a lot about him from Gary, Mike and others. I heard he always had the cleanest, nicest stuff. My drums that I am using for the roadster project were originally his. I never heard about this car however. It's cool that it is still in the area. Would be great to see it more often. Do you know who owns it now?

15. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Don't know who owns the 37 now.

I appreciate the comments on my 31. The paint looks fantastic in photos. It's acrylic lacquer that I sprayed back in 1986. In person it has a lot of chips, road rash and I noticed some minor crazing on one of the doors, overall it has held up pretty good.

16. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love Snohomish!.....cool little town, wish I was there! Thanks for the photos!

17. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

The car that caught my eye was in the background next to the maroon ford with scallops. Some 30's convertible?

18. 32Stoker

32Stoker

I own it now. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Dick Flynn or his family? Also, is he the same Dick Flynn who lived in Spokane and raced at Deer Park/Bonneville in the 50's?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    chryslerfan55 and jadeidol like this.
  19. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

There were 2 Dick Flynn’s in Washington one from Spokane and one from Seattle. This is Dick Flynn from Seattle’s car

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

HEMI32, heavydumper and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. 32Stoker

32Stoker

Thanks for clarifying. I am originally from Spokane, so was hoping for a connection there. But it doesn’t matter. The car is an awesome 50’s time capsule. As caretaker, I plan to keep it looking like it was when it was covered in Sep 1960 R&C and May 1961 Hot Rod magazines.

Please contact me if anyone else knows Dick Flynn from Seattle or his family. Just want to let them know the car is in safe hands/loving home, and ask a few questions, etc.

Thanks again!!
    Joseph
    646-217-9225

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    heavydumper likes this.