Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2016 Oklahoma Hot Rod Hundred

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guthriesmith, May 3, 2016.

1. Go ahead and get September 17th on the calendar for another Hot Rod Hundred starting in Arcadia and heading to Tulsa this year! We got some great artwork from B-Scott Studios this year, so you won't want to miss out on a t-shirt and decal.

2016Decal.JPG

2016Artwork.JPG

Stay tuned here for the latest info. We will start registration soon.

http://www.hotrodhundred.com/oklahoma-city.html

From the website (in case you just want all the info here)... :D

It's getting close to that time of year again. This is our 3rd annual HRH. We appreciate all the folks that continue to support us, year after year. If you have never attended, then let me brief you on what to expect.

The Hot Rod Hundred is the answer to all those boring parking lot shows, where you pay $30 and get nothing in return except a bad sunburn. We are changing all that.

Check out our site for more info or check out our pics taken by our buddy Royboy on his page at https://royboyproductions.smugmug.com/Cars/2015-1/2015-OKC-Hot-Rod-Hundred/

The event is mainly geared at Pre-72, but don't fret if you have a cool ride, holler at us. We aren't the hot rod police, we can be flexible. Now, if it's your mom's 83 AMC Concorde, don't call.

Our philosophy is that Hot Rods and Customs are meant to be driven, so that's what we do. We like to cruise the back roads, the 2 lane highways and byways of OK. We figure that if you are willing to give up your free time to hang out with us, we should give you something back in return. So, for $25 you will receive entry into the event, a HRH window sticker (Badge of Honor), an event shirt and lunch for 2. No one gives out those kind of perks with their event. Only at a CrossMembers sponsored Hot Rod Hundred event will you get treated like royalty.

This year we are kicking the OKC HRH off starting at Pops 66 Soda Ranch on Rt. 66 in Arcadia, OK. We will start registration at 8:00 am. We would like to be on the road no later than 8:45. We had approximately 100 cars last year, we expect at least that, if not more this year. We will cruise Rt 66 to Tulsa, where we are going to do a shop crawl. We are going to check out the work of the infamous Chris Hagerty at Kinghag Customs. Then we are off to the Hot Rod Garage to check out the creations of Jim and Jason Smith, the father and son hot rod duo. We will then cruise over and check out the personal collection of memorabilia and hot rods owned by a local collector.

Then we will head to the last stop at Chandler Park in Tulsa. At this time, you will be served up the best BBQ this side of the Mississippi. Sheldon Dightman of Dightman’s BBQ will be catering lunch. He catered last year’s event and the folks are still raving about it. I promise that you won’t be disappointed!

We will have all of the maps and details the day of the run in your T shirt and goodie bag.

Get off the couch, turn off American Idol and drive your hot rod! Bring the wife, bring the kids, but most importantly bring your hot rod!

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    motoandy, MO_JUNK and 1959Nomad like this.
  2. Roothawg

Roothawg

3. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Coulda found a better lookin 40 driver for the art work I would think.

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Boy oh boy, I will be there. Growing up in Tulsa, I went to Chandler Park many, many times, and I've driven Route 66 from Tulsa to OKC, so this will be nostalgic and fun! Plus the Hot Rod Garage and the "local collector" I haven't seen since May 28th! And I agree with Joe's comment! :D

bchrismer and guthriesmith like this.
  5. 3quarter32

3quarter32

Missed last year, but will make this one.

guthriesmith likes this.
  6. Duncan and Joe, you guys don't like Richard Petty?

arkiehotrods and guthriesmith like this.
  7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Richard was a little thinner than the driver in the 40. I would love to make the drive but it is the same weekend as one of our favorite runs, OlMarais River Run in Ottawa KS. Pre-registered and motel reserved. Would love to see you guys, but not this time.

bchrismer likes this.
  8. I'll be there! Hopefully in a 40 Ford.

9. guthriesmith likes this.
  10. Wow! Looking like this is going to be a great turnout!

11. Confirmed a mid-way stop at the Bristow Train Depot where we can gather up, check out the museum, and have some good photo ops. Coming up quick now in just a few weeks!
    image.jpg

bchrismer likes this.
  12. Don't miss out on the free t-shirt and lunch! image.jpg

gonmad likes this.
  13. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Looks like there is going to be a good turn out.

guthriesmith and Dan Hay like this.
  14. 3 days left to get pre-registered! We had 115 cars registered as of yesterday.

gonmad and Dan Hay like this.
  15. Today is the last day to register! We are sitting at almost 160 cars right now! Gonna be a great turnout!!!

16. WE HAVE A LAST MINUTE CHANGE TO OUR START VENUE!

Because of the number of pre-registrations (about 170 cars & pickups), we have WAY outgrown what Pops can handle (about double). Anyway, thanks to the Edmond Adult Softball Association, we have an excellent spot to start just about a quarter mile west and on the other side of Route 66 from Pops. Our new start location will be the ROUTE 66 SOFTBALL COMPLEX located at 203 N. Post Rd., Arcadia, OK 73007 (look for white and red HRH signs pointing you in the right direction). Access into the facility is on Post Road just north of Route 66. Please be sure to fill up with gas and have breakfast at Pops, but then head over to the softball complex to pick up your stuff and the quick drivers meeting before heading out.

Please spread the word!

17. gonmad

gonmad

Man, 170 pre's is AWESOME!! Gonna be a great day!!

18. Trophies are finished up and ready! Thanks to KA Cars & Stripes for some great lines!
    image.jpg

pecker head, gonmad and Fif-t-3 like this.
  19. 3quarter32

3quarter32

Fueled up and ready!

Roothawg and guthriesmith like this.
  20. Roothawg

Roothawg

We are expecting over 200 cars.

gonmad likes this.
  21. Man, oh, man. What a blast. Clay and I cruised over to Tulsa, to attempt to help with parking direction when everybody arrived. Turned out that folks did fine without us when we got caught up in conversations with participants. I didn't get the final count, but it was definitely over 200 cars, and somewhere around 400 people that participated.

Looking forward to doing it all again in St Louis!

gonmad likes this.
  22. Thanx 4 a great run Guthriesmith, (was a pleasure yakkin witcha) and finally got to meet Bret (bchrismer) Had a ball untill I hit the big storm comin back into OKC. Drove 25 miles in a firehose rain @ 15/20 mph. Man am I glad I decided to take the 40 delivery instead of the roadster ! See ya next year 4 sure

bchrismer and guthriesmith like this.
  23. Wife and I had a great time even tho we got lost more than once but not bad enough to miss the BBQ. And yes it did rain big time before we made it home.. See you all next year.

24. You guys obviously went the wrong way to go home. Clay and I had sunny skies and bug splatters all the way to Springfield. I may need to get a putty knife to get them suckers scraped off my windshield!

25. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

too bad that no one had a camera to share pics here

guthriesmith and bchrismer like this.
  26. About right now, I am really missing 3WLarry, asking where's the daggum pictures.

27. Here are a few pictures.

Attached Files:

gonmad and Dan Hay like this.
  28. More

Attached Files: