Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2016 nats ,Louisville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Jul 6, 2016.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Ok you get gold star if you know who sang that tune???

2. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Davey Jones, Peter Tork, Mickey Dolenz and Mike Nesmith sang that song. They of course were the Monkees. The song was written by Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart....

i.rant and 34toddster like this.
  3. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

I'll be there Thursday.

4. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Showing your age...lollllll

5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

back to who's going....

6. tim troutman

tim troutman

hope to be there everyday

7. Tim: I don't know, that's a mighty long drive....Tim

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

Just thought I'd mention, the NSRA and the Louisville Fairgrounds have instituted lots of new restrictions on the use of tents at this years event. This includes permits for tents and tent free zones. Recent issues of StreeTscene outline these restrictions. I suggest anyone going to the Nats familiarize yourself with these restrictions if planning on using a tent.

Gary

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Well is this it??????

10. jerry123

jerry123

We will be there Friday

11. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I will be traveling with a group of 7 cars total, we'll be arriving on Wednesday.
    Always a good time. :)

12. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I sure would like to go, long 12 hour drive by myself and haven't found anyone else to go with me. Probably shouldn't admit that, bad sign I guess. May still go by myself.

13. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I think I'm going. I will be heading out Thursday night and will have to wait until 0900 Friday morning to register. If you see my old truck, please stop and visit. Sam 57 5spks.JPG

Fedman likes this.
  14. Will be on the way to Bonneville so I'll miss ya - but I'll get to see your brother.

Have fun.

15. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I might go. I've been kicking it around, No definite plans for sure though.

16. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'm going to Bonneville after the Nats. leaving Monday morning

17. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Heading down Thursday with 2 other friends. Just going down for one day. Have not been for a while.

18. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Charlie, I really wanted to make the Bonneville trip again this year but I'm still working. Classic example of not having anyone else with the certifications to do my job and management won't hire anyone. I'll be there in spirit. I had to miss going to the Meltdown Drags with Hooley as well. Thus, I'm going to try to get to the Nats. for Friday and Saturday. I'll drive through the night to get to the Frogfollies in time for Friday. I'll drive to HAMB Drags on Friday evening. Small adjustments for (2) more years. Hope you guys have a safe run this year.

19. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Red Roof by Hurstbourne exit off 264, 60 a night with my American Mororcyle Assc discount. Guessing 70 at night without. Nice area too. 15 minute drive.

504640 likes this.
  20. Jeff J

Jeff J

I'm going as my product is in the new product preview this year ! Plus working registration on Wednesday ! Hope to see ya there ! Taking the wife's car as again don;t have mine done ! bowling green 041.jpg

MO_JUNK likes this.
  21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Gotta ask what is your product?

22. ATTENTION...all you guys coming in on I-64 from the west. There is a site for road closures affected by the bridge construction and repairs to both existing bridges. Only God know why they have to do all this at one time!! I came from southern Indiana back to south side yesterday. The ramp from 64 east bound to 264 east is closed for re-construction. However, at this time, according to the website, you can continue on to downtown on 64 east and take 65 south to the fair grounds. Try your best to come through down town in the middle of the day ( 10---2?). There are a couple of alternatives. When coming in on 64 eb, you can take the 22nd street exit, make a u turn and get back on 64 wb and the go east on 264. I did this yesterday but it is not a very nice area so if you attempt it, don't wonder far from the path. Also, you could take 265 east around southern in. over to 65 sb. None of the option are going to be perfect. I'll include the web address for you'all to study. Feel free to PM me if I forget to update this post. Tim the web address is: traffic updates ohio river bridges.

34toddster likes this.
  23. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

timwhit, thanks for the information.

24. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Saw this on a shirt, maybe there will be some at Louisville. A hot rod has a flathead in the front and a bag of tools in the trunk, / A street rod has a SBC in the front and a can of wax in the trunk"

25. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Looks like I will be at Louisville. Any suggestions on a good close place to stay?

26. You're going to have to get real lucky to get close at this late date. I'd be on the phone calling every motel in the area to see what's available. Maybe one of them will have a cancellation. Tim

27. skirtless33

skirtless33

We're leaving Thursday in 5 1932 Fords from Petersburg Il. Holiday Inn Express in Hillview Ky had rooms last week about 7 miles south of fair grounds.

maplefrm likes this.
  28. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Thanks, I will try Hillview. Last time I went to Lville with no reservations I got a room at the first nice place I stopped. I was younger then, rather not chance it this time.

29. That's a very convenient location. Check my post on th
    e traffic issues.

30. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Nothing at HIE in Hillview.