Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2016 AMBR winner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Billblyth, Jan 31, 2016.

1. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

2. brad2v

brad2v

This is great. It wasn't very long ago that "Boydster" style, big goofy wheeled, NEVER driven street rods were the only cars that had even a sniff of winning. Steel wheels? Bias plies? It actually looks like an early Ford? DRIVEN? Wow.

3. the-rodster

the-rodster

4. Another car show another repop '32 roadster with black wheels and a sbc gets the throphy.
    This one finished a little nicer than most.
    Congratulations to Cory Taulbert and all the others who built it.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    snopeks garage likes this.
  5. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Can anyone identify the taillights?

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow a real driven hot rod that looks like a hot rod ,awesome win , and your peers have confirmed what we already knew . Congratulations.

7. ..........Just guessing here but, I think they are '34 DeSoto.

i.rant likes this.
  8. Desoto but 36-37

i.rant and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Thanks, Nice detail on them. :)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

For years, people on the HAMB complained that a traditional roadster never wins, and yet when one wins, they complain about it. Some of you would complain if you were hung with a new rope!

Born a HotRodGal, clem, Nobey and 8 others like this.
  11. I love it even more after reading it's driven.
    Wonder if that's factored into the judging? (I doubt it)

12. I totally agree with that statement. Great Job, HOLLENBECKS! and GREAT VISION, GNRS judges! How soon we forget that beauty in its purest form is most often found in its simplicity. So glad this was recognized at THIS show....and hopefully from this day forward. This result so rightly vindicates all the efforts made by those who like to keep things simple and who appreciate the beauty of it, regardless of how deep the pockets are. When Bling and Flambouyance takes over, beauty suffers. This IS this years best representation of AMERICA'S.......MOST......BEAUTIFUL......ROADSTER.

13. & how about the owner Darryl? You know seeing how he is responsible for the High quality paint and finish.

14. The winners have improved vastly over some of the disgusting, big wheel bling machines that were winning a few yrs back. 01-2016-americas-most-beautiful-roadster-1932-ford-hollenbeck-header.jpg

kiwijeff and Born a HotRodGal like this.
  15. Rustygt

Rustygt
    from Emeryville

Congrats to DH he deserves the recognition after paying his dues and learning his craft very well.
    When asked he said " I can't even afford one of my paint jobs " !!
    If you don't like it don't look for the haters and jealous folks or lets see your sh-t ?

16. sr

sr
    from Monterey

Well deserved winner. Amazing fit, finish, and detail. Perfect stance and profile. Great job!

17. That car looks fine. Time has changed. Interesting comparing this show to the Melbourne Hot Rod Show