Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2015 GEAR JAM DRAGS - Feedback wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scottmech, Jan 22, 2015.

1. gnichols - you have a best of show truck! No Dope!

It was a good time. Here is Looper winning the burnout contest - again.
    IMG_9203.jpg

Tudor likes this.
  2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

They love their big blocks, and Fords, in GA! Thanx, Gary

3. We had a good time I got to drag my first gasser it was till he brake check me

4. scottmech

scottmech
    from GA

Had a good time too. Ashame more cars didn't show...but I got plenty of racing in.

The racing was a lot better than in the past. Index racing was definitly the way to go.....everyone had a chance to win money. The guy who won gasser had never won before. Ended up going home with $500.

Nice to see the show cars have their fun on the track too.

I moved over to altered/FED......but since no other altereds/FEDs showed....I went home with $500 for just showing up. Gota say...inmpresseed with the fact Brad kept his word on the payouts.....

loudbang, hog mtn dave and Dog_Patch like this.
  5. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

It wasn't so much the weather kicking the show's ass, it was the WEATHER MEN! One idiot got on the news during his broadcast and told everyone to stop what they were doing right now, and make sure you have emergency supplies to make it through the storm that was coming.
    Everyone heard that, and most of the racers that came on Friday headed home, the swap meet vendors never showed, and most of the car show people stayed away too.
    By 10:30 Saturday morning, the rain was gone.
    Oh well. That's how it goes when you're an outdoor show promoter.

As for payouts... I've ALWAYS been of the opinion that any race promoter that promises a purse, and then crawfishes on it because racers didn't show, should be kicked in the nuts on the starting line, again at half-track, and again at the stripe. Why penalize the racers who DID show up to your event, because you didn't do your job and get more racers there??
    I don't run an event unless I am certain I can cover all my obligations before the gates open. It's the only way to do things, as far as I'm concerned.

For those that came, THANK YOU!
    For those that missed it... in the immortal words of every Boston Red Socks fan: WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR!

-Brad

INVISIBLEKID likes this.