Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2014 Scenic City Thunder and Nostalgia Drags - April 25 & 26

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toby Denham, Mar 13, 2014.

1. NOTE: For all future information and correspondences regarding this and all other Atlanta Speed Shop events, please go to this thread:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...47#post9620147

Just wanted to get this word out for Julius Hughes (Atlanta Speed Shop) to all the HAMB Rodders and Racers in Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama, and beyond ..........

2014 Scenic City Thunder and Nostalgia Drags

April 25 & 26 @ the Brainerd Optimist Dragway in Ringold, Georgia, just south of Chattanooga.

This is another opportunity for the HAMB members in the area to get together for a day or two of hangin' out, talk cars, and race! :):):)

Julius sez:

"Friday night is a test and tune and is $10 to spectate and $20 to race. Saturday is the race and we will start qualifying at 10 am. They are running a Pro Mod show as well and qualifying for it begins at 11 am. Shirley Muldowney will be there Saturday signing autographs also. Their bracket program will chime in at about 3 pm. Nostalgia finals should be about 6-7 pm.
    See you there." Julius Hughes

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  2. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Nice . . . is this a RWYB type deal or are there going to be classes/etc?

3. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

4. BAD A

BAD A

Would love to see some rules. This flyer does not tell us much.

5. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

I am checking the rules on the Atlanta $10,000 website right now to make sure they are all up to date. Call me if you have questions. The guy who runs the track is Leonard Lawson and he is very nice. He was the first to show interest in one of our points meets.

We are going to have a banquet on Sunday October 12th in Commerce after the $10,000 is over to award points champs. We will have a points fund with cash money for the winners. Remember you have to show up to show out!

6. captmullette

captmullette

bump to top......good folks gonna be a good race

7. Falconred

Falconred

Will try my best to make Brainard, I like that track. We've got a couple of cars old enough to race from this area. I'll punch 'em up and try to get them there.