Register now to get rid of these ads!

2014 LA Roadster Show Cross Country Trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TANNERGANG, Sep 2, 2013.

1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I really wanted to do LARS in a Roadster, but I couldn't turn down working a trade for this All Steel 5 Window...........I've wanted one for years....I'll roll the windows down..hehehe

Attached Files:

2. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Driving through the redwoods in northern CA. A place called " The avenue of the giants" , biggest trees that I've ever seen. Some of them looked like 20 ft. in diameter !

Attached Files:

3. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

That's a cool picture...almost looks like two model cars in front of a tree

4. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

BOUT 3 MORE WEEKS...................WHO'S GOING?

5. 8 cars from charlotte n.c. area leaving june 6 th, all 32 roadsters & 1 coupe

6. Will probably see ya on the road Henry,
    The 4th Annual Great Greybeard Adventure with 12 to 14 cars is pullin outta OK the morning of the 8th spending the 1st night just west of ALBY NM
    Tanner, yer not countin days already are ya?

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  7. Only 1 coupe? Damn, that'll make me the standout for the Arizona Patrol to grab as we blow through there.

8. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Nah........but just in case your wondering...it's 24 days till I pull out of my shop headed to OK........Right now I'll be in my coupe, but in 24 days I could be in a Roadster.......who knows......may even take the Beater '32....it knows the way out there.

9. greener200

greener200

POPS LEAVIN ON THE 7th from Massachusetts going RT90 all the way to Chicago then droping down ,My daughter will still have school so she,s out , I,M hoping he can hook up with some fellow hamber/barners on the way .he will be easy to spot ,but harder to catch up with ! !

10. I'll be there. The rod is in social. We fly out 6/10.

11. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I leave MN on June 3, meeting 6 or 7 other roadsters/coupes in Des Moines, going to G/Guys in Colorado for a day or so, then over Loveland Pass (12,000 ft) down the other side to Gateway, CO, Monument Valley, into Flagstaff, Oak Creek and arrive in Prescott on Monday, hang there for day then onto LA arriving Wednesday noonish there. I'll be driving my black RPU and a friend will be driving my blue roadster. Hope to see a bunch of you guys in Camp Verde and Prescott AZ.....if not then in LA!! Can hardly wait to go. Dale

12. See ya in Camp Verde Dale, have a safe trip. Oh yeah, check yer hubcaps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

23 DAYS BUT NOT COUNTING................................yeah right!!!!!!!!....can't wait...supposed to have my shoulder shot up with cortizone Monday before we leave........that'll help be be able to wave more...hehehe

14. 21 Days till we pull outta OK

15. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

19 DAYS AND COUNTING...................WHO'S GETTING READY TO GO?....PICTURE OF WHAT YOUR DRIVING OUT TO LARS.

16. Leaving Vale Or. on the 10th & heading down 95 to Hawthorne Nev then over to 395 & down to Chino Ca. Over night glorydaze007.jpg in Hawthorne or Bishop depends on how we are getting along. Have rooms reserved @ Best Western in Chino. If you guys have any cancellations @ R R Inn let me know but they were booked up when I called. Should anyone be heading down the way I'm going get in touch.

17. Will be there on Wed, the 11th. Would like to get to some of there event activities. Fell free to email your plans, if I can join your group on Thursday or Friday. Phil [email protected]

18. Phil, The Greybeards will B pullin into the RR Inn around 1pm Wednesday.
    Stop by and intro yourself.

19. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

20140524_174423_resized.jpg STILL SUBSTACTING....13 DAYS AND SUBTRACTING..........Hey Don, 3 of my old racing Buddys showed up this morning and we put this 3x2 set up on the Beater....What you think?......gonna put the Vette Valve Covers on next week....Kinda finishes out the car under the hood....also had the paint matched up Friday...got me a pint of Lacquer to paint the hood...going to try and Patina finish it to match the original overall finish of the car...$128.92 for a pint of red.......MAN!!!!....paint has gotten out of sight...sure glad I don't do body/paint work anymore. 20140524_174353_resized.jpg View attachment 2625502 View attachment 2625502

Last edited: May 24, 2014
    da34guy likes this.
  20. I'm planning to go to LA with the group leaving from NC and up until now I had a pretty cavalier attitude about carrying a spare tire. What the heck, I figured, I've got a AAA membership, a cell phone and a credit card. What could possibly go wrong?

Tonight I decided to take a quick spin around the neighborhood to watch the sunset. 'Picked up a nail. The tire didn't go flat, but was loseing air to the point that I noticed it when I pulled into the shop.

There it was, like a booger...a nail was sticking in the driver side rear tire. I was lucky. Tuesday I'll take it down to the tire shop and have it fixed. This got me rethinking the whole spare tire issue though.

My problem is space to carry one...my fuel tank is in the trunk, no way is there room for a spare, not even a compact. What do you guys do?

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  21. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

No spare....no room gor one. I carry a plug tool and a can of fix a flat...and a AAA card

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

No spare just as Dale said AAA, credit card, plug tool and can of fix a flat.

23. Looks K00l Donnie, ya drivin "the beater" to LARS or the red 1 ?

24. Dont worry Tom, Ive got a small space saver that will at least get us off the road, see you Saturday at the ALL DEUCE RUN, HENRY

25. You can carry a can of fix a flat in a very small space that will take care of a puncture but not a blow out.
    I been pretty lucky have driven across the country coat to coast & border to border & 6 or 7 times to LARS from Oregon & no spare or jack. Been lucky I guess. I have had other issues tho like loosing the hood(courtsey of hi winds) in Tuba city Az & hitting the racoon a couple years back but the roadster has never let me down or needed a rollback.

Attached Files:

26. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

As of right now it will be the Red Highboy........I think the Beater is up to the trip...but if it ain't a Roadster, I'll take the one with a/c.

27. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Tannergang... That's a sweet looking coupe! Make sure you ol coots take a camera!

da34guy likes this.
  28. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I'm getting a Go Pro this week and also taking my camera........I want evidence of how much FUN we are going to have.................the only reason I call it evidence is because of the group that I'm going with...hehehe....got to change oil this week and nut/bolt check the underside of car and I'm ready.....put the new rear tires/wheels on a few days ago...rides better and rpm's dropped a little with the 32" tall tires......

29. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

20140520_154942_resized.jpg Here's what I'm driving out to LARS

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  30. Ya drivin a Mystery car Donnie ?