Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2014 Jalopy Showdown Thanks!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 18, 2014.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

You know change is really hard for some people, but friends, if you like a mud puddle better then yesterday you are just really missing the point. The show is a fund raiser for the EASTERN MUSEUM OF MOTOR RACING!! Yesterday we got a real taste of what racing looked like way back, and I really liked it. Great hot rods & customs all over the grounds, not just the infield & race cars on the track.They told me it looked like a whole other car show on the other side of the bridge in the camping area! The beauty of getting the months of worry & aggravation is I get to make it look like I want & I want it to look like this year did! Sooo much to go over. We were scared to death of the weather Friday but as always we sunk, spun & pushed our way through. If the rain happened 24 hours later there would have been no way we could have done the show!
    Thanks to the vendors for always putting up with our infield spots with never a complaint no matter how bad you sink in! The 99.9% of the people that show up, have fun, dont hassle our overworked crew, support the museum & leave the place as clean as it was when they got there, thanks to everyone that posts their photos & videos so I can actually see some of what we pulled off!, the museum volunteers that take care of the spectator parking, camping, trash pick up & generally make it so I never have to worry about what is going on the other side of the creek, to the roadster & stock car drivers that did a great job running together & in a responsible manner that I had hoped for & expected,The Shaws, Mr. Whitney, Mr Kerr & all involved bringing the baddest ass sprint car exhibition to the show & wanting nothing more than to give us a great idea of what real sprint car racing looked like & support the museum...thank you guys so much. & finally the Showdown crew. I swear to you if we have anybody else that cant help from our "regulars" it is over!! They are the best & listening on the radio as I run around stomping out fires all day, I just know I dont have to worry they are getting it done as smoothly as our little show on the mushy infield lets us. I just dont have the words to thank you all enough.
    And finally we really missed our friend Pat & it was nice to hear people fondly talk about him...skate on big guy!!

patmanta and 61cad like this.
  2. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks for all your effort , Larry (and certainly the rest of the crew) . It's definately one show I'll attend as long as it's goin' on . I had a great time again . Keep up the good work !

scarylarry likes this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks

scarylarry likes this.
  4. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Great show Larry, you definately nailed it this year! We all got a peek of how it looked, and sounded, back in the heyday of motor racing. It was all very cool! I'll gladly trade the mud puddle in future years for more of what we seen on Saturday.

scarylarry likes this.

5. The thanks all go to you, Larry, and all of your crew that makes it happen. Without the tremendous effort by you and your group, what would we do on the 3rd Sat. of May each yr? All we do is show up and enjoy the hell out of one of the best events on the East Coast, heck on the planet for that matter. Thanks a bunch to everyone involved.............Don.

scarylarry likes this.
  6. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Thank you, Larry and everyone else involved. This was in my opinion by far the best one yet!

sxdxmike, flt-blk and scarylarry like this.
  7. Moby

Moby
    Member Emeritus

Best ever, by far. Thank YOU Larry!

scarylarry likes this.
  8. MrExcite

MrExcite

Great show, great cars, great music, great food, great vendors. Yeah, greatest show on dirt !!!!!!!

scarylarry likes this.
  9. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

Great show!
    You and your crew did a awesome Job!
    The BEST one yet!

scarylarry likes this.
  10. Thanks larry for the great time every year thanks to the crew you have helping . You know we will always be there !
    Oh and thanks for letting me take a blast around the track on my minibike I don't mind advertising for the show for the rest of my life !
    Till we see you at the drags!

posting from the capital of the 51st state

scarylarry likes this.
  11. awesome job larry and crew... this is my favorite show of the year and will continue to support it and the emmr as long as i can! thanks again

scarylarry likes this.
  12. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Looks like we should have gone south instead of west this weekend for sure!!!!

13. house of fab

house of fab
    from ashland va

Larry, Kim and Crew... Thanks again for all the effort !!
    Once again a great time spent with Both new and old friends.
    Watching the cars take laps was FANTASTIC !!!
    Nothing like having the smell of burnt alcohol floating thru the air.

See Ya'll next year The Lord be willing and so what if the creek does rise.
    We don't need no stinkin' rain date.

scarylarry likes this.
  14. ThompsonSpeed

ThompsonSpeed

This was my first checkered flag showdown, been to the drags a few times. This show blows the drags away 10 fold. Great show, thanks to you Larry and everyone else involved! Great great show!

15. Had a most excellent time this year! Really enjoyed the sprint cars.. If I had a vote, the race car format is a KEEPER!!!

scarylarry likes this.
  16. 2x^ This was my first one and I plan on making as many as I can in the future. Thanks for a great time.

scarylarry likes this.
  17. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

This year was out first time to the JS but certainty not my last! People have been yelling at me for years not to miss it and boy they were right! We had an absolute blast my little lady Diane is already planning on camping next year! I The vintage race cars were great! My only complaint was it did seem to wrap up a little early but I totally understand, I kinda like what someone who has been there in the past mentioned about maybe racing early then allowing people 2 or 3 laps in their own cars........ Either way We'll be back! Thanks for such a great event and effort to everyone involved!

scarylarry likes this.
  18. Larry and Crew, Great Show!! I did not think you guys could make the Showdown any better. But your 2014 show was one of the best car events I have ever attended. Thank you.........

scarylarry likes this.
  19. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

This show is ALWAYS better every year!!!!

Must do list.......
    Hershey swap meet
    Jalopy showdown
    Race of gentlemen
    Hardcore happening at old soul speed shop

scarylarry likes this.
  20. scarylarry

scarylarry

House of Fab, Thank you for the donation of the seats for the raffle as always! sorry I forgot you (but did remember as we did the raffle!) Also as far as running the other cars, we have a board meeting at the museum Tuesday night. Ultimately it is up to the board of directors to decide if we continue with the race cars. I already know some of the safety changes I will present to them to make it happen. There is just not enough space or time to run both the race cars & single cars...logistics are always our problem there.

61cad likes this.
  21. It couldn't get any better, best show so far. You and your helpers do a fantastic job. I would have been a wreck worrying about the weather.
    Always a Good Time...THANKS Larry, now we have to wait another whole year!

scarylarry likes this.
  22. Had a great time as usual. For the first time I didn't make it up to the Museum, I was too busy socializing and watching cool cars on the track.... Thanks again Larry and EMMR crew, I will continue to make the trip out.

scarylarry likes this.
  23. Yea Man! that was one of the coolest Saturdays of my life. Cool people, cool cars, cool vendors, bands, racing. Oh my God the racing! We truely had a blast. Thank you Scarylarry and all of your crew and the museum staff for putting together such a great event.
    -Pat

scarylarry likes this.
  24. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I had a great time, thanks for another great show!

scarylarry likes this.
  25. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Don't ever miss anything put on by Scary. Good time guaranteed!
    Maybe some day he can take over Hershey...

scarylarry likes this.
  26. It was a great show with some very cool cars in attendence!! I did witness a man and women who attempted to sneak in with a chiwawa after being told at the gate that no pets were allowed. They had the nerve to say the chiwawa was a "service dog"!!! Kudos to the volunteer event help for keeping his cool and standing his ground.

This was the first time I was able to make the event in 5+ years and was blown away. It was great and I'll be back next year.

scarylarry likes this.
  27. sunliner

sunliner

To Larry and his staff. Thanks for all your hard work putting on a fantastic event. Loved the race cars. The guys with the 3 sprints from Cinci (Hilborne injected small block in the back of the P/U) stayed at the same hotel as us and got a chance to talk to them Sun morning as they were loading up to head out. They loved being able to attend the event and said they would love to come back next year. They all enjoyed everything so much. Again, great job and see you all next year.

scarylarry likes this.
  28. Great show! Thank you for all the hard work. See you next year!

scarylarry likes this.
  29. MrExcite

MrExcite

A little cleanup of my pic from earlier, for the Sprint guys !!!

[​IMG]

Ulu, pat59 and scarylarry like this.
  30. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Great job,Larry & crew--had a good time as always

scarylarry likes this.