Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2014 15th Annual Road Rocket Rumble Sat AM pictures..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tierod, Jun 22, 2014.

1. 2014 15th Annual Road Rocket Rumble is in the books.
    Speedway Indiana. Held each year at the Clarion Waterfront in Speedway Indiana.
    it did not disappoint. Although this is a 3 day event, I was only able to go Sat. I started at 8:30AM on a Sunny and Hot day.. just right for walking around a blacktop parking lot
    The Road Rockets Car Club put on a great event. Music, Girls, Cars, Girls, Cars, Girls, Music... Wait I sad that already..

[​IMG]
    They manage to fill the three days up with over a Doz bans, A Burlesque Show, Movies, Seminars, Inside and outside vendors, Sat Pin-up contest... and some great food vendors. And some great cars from all over the Midwest...
    It's one of the few "traditional;" shows anymore... Some of the cars really
    outdid themselves in regards to quality of builds. And of course there were
    a few "WTF" cars too... There were more cars than I took pictures off, but you will get the idea.. The overnight rain did not dampen any of the fun and schnanagins that went on through the wee hours of the night at the hotel.
    Bands started Sat at 11:30am and went on most of the afternoon.
    I was lucky to get to listen to a great band, all the way from Utah (I think that's what they said..) called "Mad Max and the Wild Ones"....These guys rock it over the top every time they play...
    [​IMG]
    At 1PM, a long time tradition of "Spiked Watermelon" was served up by none other than "Bubba" of Bubba's Hot Rod Shop in Speedway. They were lining up 30 mins before.. Bubba Chills down the watermelon, so it was a cold refreshing (kick you in the pants) treat, on such a hot day.
    [​IMG]

This is almost as popular as the Pin-up Girls that were walking around mustering up votes for the 4PM contest. There were some very good looking girls this year. My luck, I was always at the wrong end of the parking lot when I saw them, so no pictures of the lovely ladies this year.. (sorry )
    As you know , most car shows are not conducive to good pictures, but I'll share what I took. I just bought a new cameral, so a few don't look "just right" (LOL) as I figure all the buttons out...
    Enjoy the pictures. but don't pirate them (copyright ya know... ).
    https://picasaweb.google.com/105421993671397259537/RoadRocketRumble6212014?authkey=Gv1sRgCP7Hzc7SzcGeowE#

straykatkustoms likes this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Man,that looks like fun,great cars,bands,pinup's and spiked watermelon...HRP

4. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Nothing wrong with that. Thanks for sharing.

5. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

Tierod, once again you have outdone yourself with the photos! Went to the link and love each photo! Thank you so very much for sharing them with everyone! What an amazing year, we had so much fun getting together with old friends and making new ones, which we made a lot this year! We had people there from 23 states and believe it or not one country, New Zealand!!!! The cars were awesome, the bands were outstanding and the vendors had everything you could ever need, combined with all the pretty girls, made this year a total package of FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't thank everyone enough for all of their participation and their support this year, if it weren't for you all we wouldn't have been celebrating our 15th Anniversary! I am going to take a few days off to spend with my father who is here from NY and then I will be hitting the ground running for next year's Rumble!!!!!

A HUGE thanks goes out to:

Ol Skool Rods
    Car Kulture Deluxe
    Cornfield Customs
    Hagerty w/Avon Insurance Agency

Mike Wagner, Tom Culbertson & Jim Linder for the great seminars and of course Jim for bringing his "special" watermelon:)

Mark Thompson of Topes Tiki Hut for a fantastic show shirt.

The Clarion Waterfront Hotel for a fabulous location.

All of the bands for their great performances!

All of the Burlesque Girls and Pin-Ups for being so wonderful!!

And of course, EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU WHO JOINED US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. This was my first trip to the show and had a great time, it will NOT be my last for sure!! Very well organized and everyone I met was super nice! If only the organizers of this show could also organize construction on I-65 from N. Alabama to Indy!! That was the only issue I had with the trip, but all 5 Knucklehead CC members that drove up made it back home without issues to our cars, it was just a very hot drive (8 hrs, should have been more like 6 1/2)
    I'll post a few pics as soon as I can.
    Thanks again to the Road Rockets for their efforts and my cool trophy!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  7. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Great pics looks like a fun time, I can taste that melon that Jim's cutting up. I like stuff that is different,I love the flying saucer car.

8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Hi Bill:

thanks for reporting and for your photographic skill

always enjoy your posts

9. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Another good one! thanks for the pics.

10. Fianlly posting a few pics we took at the show. They arent the quality that Tierod took, all phone camera pics....sorry.
    The first are of our club members who drove the many hours to the show,also show pick winners and the trophies. Lastly our Knuckleheads Alabama club pick winner and his 56 Ford Vickie.

Attached Files:

11. More from the show....

Attached Files:

12. montero

montero

I'm so lucky I live here in Indy and can catch this show every year. I have literally hundreds of pics I've taken at this show over the years. You need to attend at least once. I fun atmosphere if you love cool cars, music and throwing down a cold one or two. Lots of cool friendly 'real' car people. No stuffed shirts or attitudes. It's the way a car show should be.