Register now to get rid of these ads!

2013 DETROIT AUTORAMA.. Goin', Showin' ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hapydz, May 4, 2012.

1. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

You boys didn't drink enough "medicine" over the weekend. Now you'll know better for next year!

2. How is your daughter doing? Did she see a doctor and if she did can you tell me what he thought she had ?I don't think I'm ever going to shake this...:eek:

3. the momma came home and was sick within a day,,,doc said it was streph throat..and ya she's still sick..told her i could swab it for her:D

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

It was goin around Ron, in addition to being violently ill on sat, monday evening I started coughing and sweating, I made it until thurs night before I spent a solid two days in bed with flu symptoms. Richie was also coming down with the same thing a day before me.

5. 38mag

38mag

My daughter's back to work, she had a very sore throat. Now my grandson is down, he has a very bad cough, doc says it's the croup. He has missed the last few days of school. Doc said he can probably return to school Thursday. So far I feel Ok

6. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Hey Andy, wasnt Saturdays "flu" self enduced????

7. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

[​IMG]

That's the best one yet Frank.

B:)B

8. One of the big thrills for me at this year's Autorama was to have the roadster chosen as one of the celeb's pick on Saturday evening. Just so happens that he was Roy Brizio. How cool is that for a kid from Thunder Bay...:D
    Ron

Attached Files:

9. ron it deserves to be picked...really liked it at the show,,,,sweet roadster:cool:

10. Thanks, I really appreciate that !!!:)
    Ron

11. Here is one of my favorite pictures of the roadster at the 2013 Detroit Autorama. I must have given my seminar on Riley Two Port heads and other banger stuff at least 200 times during the weekend. I appreciated the interest in my effort to bring something a bit different to the show.
    Ron

Attached Files:

12. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

"I have been wondering if anyone else brought home a rotten cold from the Autorama like Myles and I did ? My doctor said I have a viral infection and have been under the weather since returning home. One hell of a way to finish off an amazing time at the show and thanks to all that made it so memorable.."

I bought home a rotten hangover and probably need another liver transplant...
    Damn basement.

13. Hey Ron,
    Love your roadster, Go Riley!
    I have a Riley 4-port in a Deuce roadster here in Northern CA., Future project.
    ---Dean
    <O:p
    <O:p
    [​IMG]

14. Thanks, you lucky bugger...lol
    Ron

15. Hey Ron and Myles...it might be time for a '2014' thread, eh ? :rolleyes::D:p

16. Just completed the last leg of the Detroit Autorama Experience with the Ghost Rider Roadster. When Myles and I left Detroit after The Greatest Show on Earth in March, we returned the whole package again into storage just outside of London. After this was done I flew back to Thunder Bay (sicker than a dog). On June the 13th my wife and I flew back to London to celebrate my Birthday and Father's Day. On the 26th we drove the package back to Thunder Bay via Sarnia, Mackinaw City, Superior Wisc. then up the north shore of Lake Superior to home. We made a three day mini vacation of the ride back which was great except for the one hour, I- 75 roadside wait, for the torrential rain storm to pass. One heck of an experience !!!
    We brought the roadster to London last September for a Street Rodder photo shoot then it went into storage waiting for "The Show", so it is nice to have it home again! On the trip home, my wife asked me if it was worth all of the effort ? What do you think my response to her question was ?:D:D:D:D
    Ron

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  17. 4dr orphan

4dr orphan
    from Michigan

Ron, You were in Sarnia? That was right across the river from our house in MI.
    Wish I would have known. I'd have bought steaks!

18. Oh, now you tell me ;)
    Maybe next time...
    Ron

19. I finally unloaded the hardware from the Detroit Autorama the other day being very careful not to give myself another hernia. I used the chain fall in the shop to remove the celebrities choice (Roy Brizio) from it's carrying container. Have you ever won a trophy that you needed to do that ? Anyway I am still in one piece but I have a feeling that Joan is not going to want it displayed on our coffee table in the living room....:D
    Ron

Attached Files: