Register now to get rid of these ads!

2013 date for March meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magnus, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

After several years of watching the action at the March meet online. and always saying "I'll be there next year" when checking out the posts on the HAMB, I now can say I'll be there 2013. There's a few questions regarding the meet so here goes: is the meet always at the first weekend in March? Is it a good idea to rent an RV and stay at the site, or is it better to find a hotel in Bako? Or any other good place to stay? What else touristy things do you guys recommend to do in March in Cali? Stay at wineries? Yosemite seems to have snow in March? Please share your ideas, so I can comfort wifey as she wants to do other stuff beside watching the race. Women!

2. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

BTTT for the week crew

3. Hey Magnus,
    An RV sounds good- stay at the racetrack, have a place for food and rest. Then drive it into Sequoia, Kings Canyon, and Yosemite. There's also the Mammoth area, the San Francisco Bay area, and check out the Pacific Coast Highway.

4. deto

deto

I usually don't stay at the track. The la quinta Inn is pretty nice. I enjoy driving my car while I'm there so it's a plus for me.

When we used to run an NE1 car I would stay there cuz we would drink enough to sleep in the golf cart. No more of that. Hotel for me.

How long are you here?

5. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Thanks Kurt and Deto
    We're probably staying like a week in California, then top it of with a few days in NYC, the wife thing ya know... No, really, we both love to travel to NYC and spend some time there.
    I'm thinking the same as the sergeant.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  6. Jetcarsteve

Jetcarsteve

Went to the march meet for the first time this year. A friend and I flew into LA. Hired a RV and stayed at the track the whole event. Was awesome. Great to meet all the people at the track and enjoy the atmospehre

7. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Thanks for replying, but does anyone know if this venue are scheduled on the same weekend every year, eg first weekend in March? Plane fairs are reasonable the earlier you book.

I'm a sucker for drag racing and rumour says a swedish guy will bring two nostalgic funny cars to MM, one previously owned by Jungle Jim.

8. sleepyjake

sleepyjake

March 7-10, four days of drag racing memories!!! If you want the full Famoso experience you should get a motorhome, get there at least on the 6th, the parking lot is big tailgate party the week prior to the races, and spend the weekend at the dragstrip. We park the motorhome out front 6 weeks ahead to get a spot on the fence, which if you come you are welcome to share with us. Motors are off at ten, but you can still wander the pits and track most of the night. There are many hotels within 20 mins. of the strip, 3 or 4 right near the Crystal Palace, which is a small museum and restaurant that Buck Owens built. I live in Bakersfield so, if you need any more info or help getting reservations or tickets just get with me anytime. Jake

9. 65COMET

65COMET

A RV is the way to go especially if you plan on drinking,CA. cops show no mercy to drinking and driving,plus like others have said,you will have a place to relax,get something to eat and the wifey will enjoy her own,clean,toilet!!!Just because racing will end early there are still many things to see after the racing stops! JMO,ROY.

10. So what are the dates and does anyone know the dates for next year in Oct as well.

11. roughneck424

roughneck424

12. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

I don' think you want to Stay at the wineries...:D

13. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Oh how life can change plans for you. Since my first plans to invite the wife to MM we now have bought a house with a shop, or the other way around, a shop with sleeping accomodations... So we're now dead broke and the MM plans will have to wait for some years. Bummer, but the shop is nice. Enjoy MM and I will see it on the pc.