Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2013 America's Most Beautiful Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Born a HotRodGal, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

ImageUploadedByTJJ1359348504.742761.jpg
    Huge Congrats to The Brizio Built -Vintage Color Studio Paint

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Where's the LIKE button around here?? :D

Congrats to John Mumford and the whole Brizio/Hollenbeck build team. Well deserved for sure!

3. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Congrats to 296V8 GREG for dropping that axle in record time and not getting any credit from Brizio or Mumford at the show or in the RJ article.

4. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

Congrats on a well deserved award for a beautifully done car.

5. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

well deserved, looked great

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great car. I'd love to see it in person. A well deserved win. Congrats!

Oh. It's also VERY pleasing to see a car that actually looks like something I would DRIVE every day.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  7. metal man

metal man

How about some pictures of the car ? Looks great, but can't see much in that pic.

8. It is a beautiful roadster!!! Glad we got to see it in person!!

9. He might not care but that SUX.

10. Awesome. Thanks to John, Roy, and all the other guys past and present involved in the build of this car -- for helping steer the AMBR trophy back to the roots of hot rodding.

11. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Beautiful car congrats

12. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Hi Terri ! Thanks for the info and the pic ! Darryl's work is ALWAYS the b-e-s-t !

Please tell him "hi" for me. (Somewhere in my Archive, I still have a pic of Darryl & myself from Starbird's Induction Ceremonies in 2003...when you were there with Art Himsl at his Induction.)

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

13. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

I got to see that one in person.Stunning car.I knew it would win.

14. moefuzz

moefuzz

Thats one nice lookin Roadster!

Congrates!

15. bonesy

bonesy

Congratulations to all involved! Very, very cool.

16. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

well if 296 did that axle I havto consider him dropping my axle!

17. Capochi

Capochi

!!!!Congrats!!!!!,

Great Roadster!!!!

18. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Congratulations to the team and GNRS for selecting a Traditional Style win...

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice looking car, congratulations to everyone that had a hand in the build! Bob

20. Congrats to John Mumford, Roy Brizio Street Rods and Vintage Color Studio for a deserved win. With regards to the previous people who had a hand in the build over the past 30 years I saw a photo from the show which shows a signboard/snowboard which acknowledges the car as the Kelly Brown car and also makes reference to the work of Steve Davis.

21. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice to see a truly traditional hot rod win. Outstanding car!

Interesting to see how much emotion swirls around this prestigious award. Seems like a lot of noses get out of joint.

22. the correct choice!

23. Does anybody who the other awards went to interior, engineering, paint etc?

24. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

How many other people do you suppose worked on that car, or any other car of note,and didn't get mentioned?
    I wouldn't worry about it. The doing should be it's own reward.

25. haychrishay

haychrishay

X2

26. As I said in another thread I am a hard core Deuce guy and I predicted that this roadster would win,,it just has the look and the quality of the build is just,,for lack of a better word,,TRADITIONAL!

I believe there were several other cars that may have won had the Munford roadster not been selected as a contender,Congratulations to the winner. HRP

27. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

HRP. Aw Shit, and I was pulling for the 32 Ford Touring for you. You being a Deuce fan and all. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

28. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I saw this car in person and it is amazing ! Very well deserved win, congrats to all.

29. Funny man,I have no idea why that car was chosen as a contender the proportions were just so far off.

You take a desirable body style and a air craft engine and think I can build a cool street rod,,personal observation here,,,,it's a waste of both.

My first thoughts when I saw the car was they should name the car "Pinocchio",,:rolleyes: HRP

30. I got a chance to see it in person as well, and pictures don't do it justice. That car is absolutely amazing. I thoroughly checked out all the competitors and after comparing them all, it was the clear front-runner, and I'm glad the judges saw that as well.

On Saturday, we were able to talk with Vic Cunningham (the head AMBR judge), and he said that he changed the rules this year. He wanted to make the competitors produce a car that can start and drive, and every driveability aspect of the car such as seating position, pedal position, and steering wheel position was a huge part of the judging. He said that during the initial Wednesday judging, they even made the owners park their cars 50ft away from the judges so they (the judges) could see the profile and proportion. When the car is in it's display with the hood off and the wheels off, you can't get a good sense of proportion. He said that a few years ago, when the winner was loading up to go home, the guy barely fit in the car, the ergonomics were terrible, and it barely ran. After that, he made a commitment to change the rules to make it a competition for driveable cars. He also said that this year, the red roadster with the Boss 429 scored huge points when the owners had to fire up the cars and drive them around inside the building. He said that car sounded nasty.

In the end, it was also good to see a non-billet car take the big trophy.