Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2012 Redneck Rumble Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flipper, Sep 16, 2012.

1. boucher racing

boucher racing
    from nashville

WOW! thanks for the back story on that one. I was sitting in my chair and heard it coming towards me. It had such a unique sound to the engine, my ears perked up! Hell yeah.

2. WOW.....Bill's 29 roadster with 4 cammer is WILD!
    Met Bill years ago at one of the Gilmore Dinner in L.A., nice guy, helped me out with some old racing decals I was looking for, he gave me the decals.....wouldn't take any $$$.

THANKS Flipper.....looks like it was a great show!

3. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

4. olddrags

olddrags
    from ky

Great photos Flipper!! Good chattin too!!

5. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

great pix, thx for postin them

6. Gator

Gator

The show was bigger than ever, the swap meet was HUGE this year...

Great pics Flipper, thanks for splitting the pics up so guys here don't think it's just a 'ratrod' show... you left my '55 pickup out... AGAIN! What'd I ever do to you? ha ha :eek:

I striped this one the day before the Rumble:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the "Poorboys Pick" trophy winner, I don't think he picked it up at the show?

[​IMG]

7. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

It is in post #57 on the RRR thread :)

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25905

8. Mojo

Mojo

I thought the 29 with the indy engine was a old John Buttera car. The timeframe explains the billet dash and suspension. It would be a knockout if finished.

9. Rusty Knutts

Rusty Knutts

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

10. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

The 29 pictured is not a Buttera car; think you are confused with John's 29 roadster (white) with the small block Mopar with Weslake heads...ironically Buttera and Akin were good friends in the 70's and 80's and often talked radical cars like these...both are legendary craftsmen and Akin also has a Mopar with Weslake heads setting on a stand in his shop that will possibly go in a grandma '65 Dart 2 door post car!!............Thanks for your interest...Joe

11. I HAVE to make it to this show someday. Looks like it's gotten better and better.

Maybe next year....

JH

12. petiesrods

petiesrods

Most fun I've had at a show in a long time. Great pictures!

13. Mojo

Mojo

It has that perfect 1980 look to it. I'm a big fan of the indy ford, it's always interesting to see one in a street car. Any closeup of the engine? I like the idea of carbs on one.

14. Great pictures must have taken a age to upload them all thanks for sharing always cool to see new stuff to get ideas from

15. Forddraggin

Forddraggin

Thanks guys for sharing my coupe.i should have popped the hood to show off the Flathead.its a 8BA with stroker kit,merc crank does pretty good for a beater

16. Ltorch

Ltorch

I chopped and built this 55 merc about 7 years ago ..

17. jd55f100

jd55f100
    from alabama

As always Flipper great photos ...you got some great shots of my 55 inside and out.....keep up the good work

18. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Me too...........

19. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

This car is freakin' cool!!!

I went back several times to look at it. I took enough pics to piece together a walk-around of it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Forddraggin

Forddraggin

Those 20in. Spokes in back are awesome on that car

21. ...looks like some great cars showed up there; I like most everyone you posted. Looks like a good swapmeet too by the background pics,...you get any swap pics?
    Thanks for posting.

22. outlaw256

outlaw256

when we first started coming to tn for the rumble i wasnt to sure how many times we would be back.its not that far away it was just to many r.r.s for us.it got to the point on the first trip there i was getting kinda sckittish about drivin our cars anywhere near some of the ones i saw there.and they still show up (which is to be expected i quess) but the #s have dropped off a bunch.there was a feild full of quality customs and hotrods there.learned alot there this yr. people doing things i would have never thought of doing.the law was showing up more this yr but they seemed to be cool.the swap meet was the biggest ive ever been to. it was great and had just about anything you might need.varitey was the key.the only problem i had was the dumbshits that would do burnouts around the cars and all the people who were walkin around.i kept waitin for a rock to hit one of my cars.that would have made me a quest of the city of lebanon tn.(until i could pay bail) lol. anyway im going back next yr if i can afford another trailer. lol

23. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

This was my first year up there and i was suprised at the number of "Rs" that were there but since youve said its been dropping every year that makes it more likely that i will go back next year. Good luck on a trailer!

24. Was it your trailer that got stolen? HRP

25. ratster

ratster

i feel left out lol "the joker" didn't make your pict in this post lol anyways nice picts

26. jpnewlin

jpnewlin

Great pics!
    It has gotten better every year. The cars and the swap meet just keeps growing!

27. I had a great time too....it was my first trip there, but wont be my last. I had to leave early Saturday and really hate that. It was good to finally meet you Flipper as well as many other HAMBers and thanks for the great pics.

28. Hey Kev.....Congrats on the best of show!!!!!

29. jd55f100

jd55f100
    from alabama

Hey Loosewheel glad you had a good time maybe next year you can stay longer ..it was nice meeting you and finally putting a face with that bad a** truck...hope the new paint goes well ...and if you get a chance look for that rear end should be a dana 44 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern

30. These pictures are just frigging awesome !!!!