Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 Minnesota Back To The 50's Weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed~On, May 20, 2012.

1. j54house

j54house

best weekend of the year! old friends of mine come up from Iowa every year. Usually ends with me storing something @ my house that they bought and cant fit in the trunk to bring home

2. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

wouldn't miss it for the world! Not sure who is more excited, me or the kids!

3. TinShed

TinShed

Anybody know what movies are showing?

I live 13 miles from the autoplex and have never bothered to go to cars and coffee, not my type of crowd.

Tim

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

was it mentioned that the host hotel (registration) is different this year?

5. J Twitero

J Twitero
    from Minnesota

Im already registered and will be there at least one day.

Yes, the registration site is at the "Mermaid Event Center and Americinn" this year due to road construction.

6. henryj429

henryj429

26th straight year for me.

I will be buying lots of Tshirts and mugs for Christmas gifts this year.

My goal is to get a picture of Courtney Hansen in a provocative pose with my car.

Bummer about the Hamline Church stand closing down. That was our standard Saturday night dinner for as long as I can remember.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  7. greaserjohn

greaserjohn

We will be there. I have been to every one since 79 when I was 16 with the exception of two years in the 90's when I had to travel for my job. I do think it is the best show in the U.S., probably in the world. The last few years we have also been camping as well. Yea I'm only 20 miles away from the fairgrounds but what a blast camping. Also our club the diablos, sets up about a half block from the giant slide every year. You need to make it at least once in your life. You will not be dissapointed.

8. titus

titus

Not as big of a thrash as last year, but i plan to have this there.

Attached Files:

9. Hmmm..........I have been looking for a 60! Lemme know WHEN you decide to sell!?

10. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

I will be there again in the my 1962 Thunderbird.

11. 52stude43

52stude43

20 years and counting

12. Speed~On

Speed~On

2935Ford hit the nail on the head. This show seems to be ssoooo under covered. It is challenging to put BTT50's into words; it is just something you have to experience in person. The vast fairgrounds are covered in large trees and grass making it the perfect venue to hold this even. With almost 12,000 hot rods it is sensory OVERLOAD!!! I would put this show up against any show on the planet!

Rolling in on Friday morning will make your jaw hit the pavement. Miles of hot rods lined up on the shoudler waiting to get in. It really is something to see.

13. milner142790

milner142790

If it makes you feel any better! I've been checking the extender weathet forecast forthe last 2 weeks and its still looking good for the whole weekend!!! Lower 80's and not a cloud! Anything has got to be better then last year. Ha!

14. Bull

Bull

You got that right! ;)

15. Speed~On

Speed~On

2 weeks and counting, time to get all those loose ends buttoned up.

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I am hearing all kinds of stories about the new location and process for registration.

what's the skinny?

17. The movies are The Three Stooges and Madagascar 3

18. TinShed

TinShed

I may have to take the kids, we have never gone.:eek:

19. titus

titus

i may have to go the the drive in to see the The Three Stooges!

Getting closer on the 60 camino, got all the brakes done, going to French Lake to pic of some more parts i need for it.

jeff

20. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

I'll be there if I get home from LARS in time...for the first time in 5 years or so. It is usually the same weekend as LARS, should be fun.

21. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I think there's a handful of the LA roadsters, and some of the TC roadsters that are planning a cruise back here from LA for BTT50's after the roadster show. Maybe you should hook up with them!!

22. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I will be there for the duration camping in the south campground. Hopefully driving my newly painted 36 roadster.... only a couple of weeks to finish it and there will be a lot of late nights to get it there.

23. not a word..:)

24. What is this show again?? Minnewhatsa ?? Bark at the 50s?

25. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

Thinking about going for the 1st time heard Friday or Sunday are the days, doubt I'll take the car... if I do, I'll trailer to Farmington, & drive it up from there, but think my 1st time, maybe better be on foot... so, less people so better looking on Friday, & the Swap on Sunday... any opinions if I can only go one day... which would you do ???

26. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

1. Friday...Less Public early on.

2. Sunday if you want to do the Swap..Wall to Wall people...Narrow Isles

Still lots of cars to look at if you don't want to do the swap.

You kind of have to decide what's the most important to YOU. Looking at cars, Visiting the Vendors, Going to the Swap Meet or a number of other activities. There will be a visitors guide at the gate. You'll never be able to do it all, even in 3 days. Plan on doing a lot of walking.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  27. jazz1

jazz1

Yep,,registered couple months ago and the wife wants to trailer the truck down,,it's that no ac and the fact I built the truck makes her leary,,We got 1600 miles on it since I built it and made it home on its own steam every time..

28. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

13th year in a row for me, 7th in a row taking a car, cant wait!

29. buster6972

buster6972
    from Florida

You will not find a show like it in the midwest, and my 2 cents say it is 10x the show that NSRA nationals is.

30. Speed~On

Speed~On

I can't believe this will be my 25th year attending BTT50s however, this will be the first year in a hot rod of my own!
    Magnum Wheel Man, you should really take your car to the show. I have always ridin with my father in his 40 Ford. It is very nice to have a car where you can take a break. It's nice to have the option to pull a beverage out of the cooler in your trunk and sit by your car for a while. There's lots of walking and it's nice to have a place to relax for a few minutes. You won't be disapointed in the show, it is absolutely gynormous in size. Bring a good pair of shoes!