Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 March Meet- action from the K rail

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steves32, Mar 5, 2012.

1. RopeSeals???

RopeSeals???

Thanks for taking the time to post all these great photos!

2. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Thanks for sharing, from one of the guys watching it on the internet, thanks Bangshift. Now, I clearly can see the beautiful Mustang funnycars.

3. Your photos represent a great deal of talent and plain old hard work to shoot and post. For those of us Old Farts out here on the east coast who wish we had an event like the March Meet just down the freeway from us, but don't, allow me to say thanks for taking the time to post these.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  4. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Some of the BEST PICTURES I've seen in a long time.......Thank you.

5. The reason I said what I saidf is because I know both Doug and Steve, and they don't like there photo threads turned into venting threads. The photos were not the subject of complaints, but the current nitro cars in the photos certainly was. I know Steve was upset over the bitching about the cars, and is thinking about pulling his photos. As you say, everyone has the right to their opinion, and I'm fine with that. But when the guys taking the trouble to shoot the photos, and post them get disgusted, and no longer feel like sharing, we all lose. I'd like the cars to look like they did in the 60's too, but that isn't safe, or practical. My point was, and still is, if we want to discuss what we don't like about a subject, start a thread on that where opinions can be voiced and discussed.

6. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

Unbelievable shots...Thanks for the display of your talants!

7. Scott

Scott

another great set of photographs
    thank you!!!!

8. Davyj

Davyj

Steve, those pics are fantastic, great top end shots for sure! Thanks for taking the time to share, it is appreciated.

9. boogeracng

boogeracng
    from Eureka,MO

Ok, I admit to a mistake on my part. IN NO WAY WAS MY INITIAL POST INTENDED TO CAST ANY NEGATIVE LIGHT OR INFERENCE OF NEGATIVITY TOWARDS THE PHOTOGRAPHER AND HIS SKILLS, TALENTS, AND DEDICATION TO HIS CRAFT. The photos are stunning and do capture what was happening. I simply chose his photos to use as excellent examples of what I was ranting on and on about. My deepest apologies to you Mr. Photographer (I assume your name is Steve), and it will not happen again on my part. I sincerely apologize and offer up an olive branch of peace.

I have in fact been a nostalgia racer for the last 12-14 years (true gasser, Willys coupe, looks like a refugee from the 60's). I have in fact been to Bakersfield several times for both the CHRR and the March Meet, both as a spectator, and as a participant, most recently last October for the CHRR.

For the truest of settings and atmosphere, the only other facility that might surpass it would be Bowling Green, KY. I just have a personal thing about the evolution of the "nostalgia" thing, how it has been and continues to be marketed, and how it has turned the corner from a gathering of old guys like me with old cars financed and maintained by us, having a good time, to the ever creeping and encroachment of the corporate world. Much like the passage of the "Golden Age" with corporate money feeding the changeover, I see the same thing happening again.

I have absolutely no complaints about safety rulings, SFI requirements, and the related aspects as the rulings currently apply. In fact, I run an engine diaper even though it's not a requirement. Safety should be a priority for all. I'm certain the first day incident with the wall in the big end turned out as well as it did due to the safety requirements. Cars can be replaced.......

Once again, my deepest and most heartfelt apologies to you for starting something that has gone too far. Your photos are without equal. I am truly sorry for the misdirection I started....it was in NO way intended to slight you, your efforts, and your product.

Sincerely,
    Chuck

10. AG F/C

AG F/C

Thanks a bunch for posting. I missed the sights and sounds. Your photos definitely helped. I couldn't be there but our car and team was. They made the show but we hurt it bad on our first round but won it.

Again great pix!

11. 33hotrod

33hotrod

Those photos are great!!!!! Incredible! Can't wait to see some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stan

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  12. bobw

bobw

I watched almost every minute on Bangshift and am very grateful Chad provides the coverage.
    The photographs in this thread provide an amazing amount of detail and clarity not possible with video streaming. They add greatly to the overall experience of the March Meet.

Thankyou for sharing your incredible talent.

O/T..Does anyone know what the spectator count was?

13. roughneck424

roughneck424

Great Photo's Thanks for Sharing. One of my highlites now days is to come home from Famoso and check out the Photos posted here on the HAMB. It rounds off the weekend.