Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2011 Roundup Roadtrip!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe T Creep, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Hey Joe, i sent you a pm.

2. Nicely done, thanks for the sharing of it !

firstnomad

3. kingofknights

kingofknights

wow that was like a movie, good stuff man

4. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I LOVE YOU BROTHER!!! I had THE best time with you man!!!!! A trip i'll never forget!!! yOU SAVED MY ASS TOO!!! :D

Much Much love man!!!

5. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

It really was quite a trip. Cant wait to do it again!

Retroline- If that fuel pump had givenup a day earlier I would have been somewhere in Northwest Texas with NOTHING around me and no way to tell a AAA operator where I was so the fact that it went out where it did it a blessing!

Toast- My credit card bill for gas proves I was there!

Jerry- The wind??? that must have been a hell of a wind.

Casny-Its always a blast to hang out with you. I'd love to see those other pics also!!!

Hot Rod Ron-Great to meet you! The trip was great and I cant wait for next year.

RDR- You lost one of those!!! AAARRGH. Well my plate is nothing compared to that. Love your car.

Gambino- Next year we'll all drive out together. Sorry your car was down.

Sandrail- Next time I'm through there I'll swing by. You can tell me how to avoid the cops!

ScottyVenture- I'm not sure about that Nash but it looked out of control. Roller skate right to hell.

Brandy- It was funny and I still read the texts back and laugh. I didnt get to Fredricksburg though :-(

Weez- Great to see you. Never in Burbank though,always in Texas. LOL

BadLuck- Done deal. Next year we'll have a ten car caravan.

Acme Speed- Enjoy the plate! I'm liking the stuff I grabbed off your truck while you were busy unloading! :)

resqd37zep- Leave it to someone always to point out what youre trying to hide.

big creep- You better get that thing running. I forgot what it looks like.

Ian-That really was a great trip. We WILL do it again.

All you guys are great. Cant wait to meet more of you in person and drive out somewhere!
    Make a point of getting your cars up and going and take them on a long roadtrip. You'll never forget it and be happy you made it happen.

6. *HOLLYWOOD*53

*HOLLYWOOD*53

Awesome story and great pic I hope you enjoy The Round Up.

7. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Thanks for the great pics and the interesting storyline . Yeah those sheriffs are a little shady .

8. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Thanks Joe, great write-up! Good to see your trip went so well. Grandma looks great too!

9. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Great read, thank you for the pics!!

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That sounds like it was a fun trip and with great photos too. Thanks for sharing it with us.

11. RAY With

RAY With

Really enjoyed your pictures and write up. You guys had a hell of a good time and hope you make it to the next event.

12. Good write up..enjoyed the read and pic's....

13. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

14. HotRod33

HotRod33

Great photo's and the story...... it felt like we were along with you............

15. jetcycles

jetcycles

Thanks for sharing the details of the trip with the rest of us, I spent quite a bit of time admiring both yours and Ian's cars in the parking garage. I probably surprised Ian at the gas station on Saturday morning while he was fueling up. . . wanted to introduce myself and shake the hand of such a talented individual. Can't wait to see those cars back in Austin for Roundup 11!

16. Toptinman

Toptinman

Really enjoyed the post. Great story & pix. Had a simular experience on the return trip from Viva last year. Had transmission problems right before Navaho, AZ. and had to be flatbedded back to Holbrook. Got dropped off at the O'Reily's store also. I'm thinking that that particular store might want to section off a "drop off" area in their parking lot!
    Can't think of the wrecker driver's name right now but he had a '54 Ford that he was playing with. Later that evening, he spotted us cruising back through town and waved us down in his '54. It wasn't fun being broken down but it all added more memories to a wonderful trip.

17. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Thanks Joe. Great pix and a great read:D

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

great story

19. Looks like all a good time!!!

20. chops76

chops76
    from lubbock

Sorry Lubbock was a bad experience.

21. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

I guess you could have a bad experience anywhere right????? Could have been a lot worse. Still a great trip.