Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2011 MELTDOWN DRAGS -VINTAGE DRAG MEET- July 23-Byron, IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Damn, looks like I missed a good time. and it's only an hour from here. I woulda got my ass kicked by the wife if I missed the wedding today.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

2. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Had an awesome time today. Thanks for having me and a big congrats for a very organized and smooth running event. Will def be back next year! Jeff

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

The Fugitives KILLED it today folks

Not sure how the event could go any better or more smooth............
    of course the rain probably kept some people away this morning - BUT the true hardcore fans showed up - and when the tech inspection started - there were smiles everywhere.

People were so happy to just be able to get to see and hear these cars running - it was amazing.

Congrats and we will seeya the third weekend in July 2012!!!

4. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I was so happy and pleased at the same time to tech so many cars today!!!!!!! When we first started it was a mad house but we fell into a groove like last year and it rolled smooth!!..

The Fugitives what can I say hats off to you for putting on a great race. Ryan Eric and the rest of you guy you done a top notch job with a penny budget. I would be proud too help out again any time you need it!!!...

5. Lild

Lild

That was a great show. Only thing that wouldve made it better is to keep the mic away from R.L. :D

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

The Fugitives NAILED it. AWESOME event! Great cars from more than 10 states! Several 9-11 second cars, and many that pulled wheels on every run, and a few wheel standers and FEDs. All but 2-3 were 66 and earlier. I had a LOT of fun!

Thanks guys! Hopefully we can get some of those cars to trickle over the Heads Up next year and really the 2-event series going (maybe 3 event)!

7. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Wanted to say thanks to the Fugitives for a awesome time!!!!! Got to meet some new people with some cool cars, and catch up with some old friends. We need to do some more tuning, but we cut our time down from last year so that isn't all bad. Can't wait for next year.

8. Great event. I havent raced in years and going to see this event lit that flame back up. I think I will be racing something next year.

9. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

Had a great time. Its already been said but i really needs to be said again, The Fugitives nailed this event. Even with a little rain, it appeared to run without a hitch and man what a turnout!!!! Great job guys and this is definately a not to be missed show. Can't wait for next years....great job again!

10. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Thanks also to the Fugitives for this event. I had a great time and got to see some awesome cars. Plus it gave me an excuse to finally get my done as a runner. I have some issues to work on with my own car but just enjoyed being there . Bill

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

12. More pics please!

13. We had a great time yesterday. Lots of bad ass rides and very cool people got lots of info on tuning my set up thanks again guys ill definatly be back thanks again guys Jeff

14. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Great event, great turn out and great people at the Meltdown.
    Look forward to seeing everyone at Cordova on Aug 6th for more
    of the same at the Run Watcha Brung.

15. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Thats my buddy Jt's car its the real deal race car from back in the 60's & 70's then it went in storage. The paint and body have not been touch from back then... He was very lucky about 10 years ago to be able to buy the car.

16. 50John

50John
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great event! (Even though I had to change my plans about driving home.) Thanks to all involved with putting on the event and thanks to those who helped me get my car out of the way and on a trailer.

Wasn't able to stay for the 2nd band but also wanted to give a thumbs up to One Night Standards. Unfortunate that with the racing running late more people didn't get a chance to appreciate them.

Attached Files:

17. SLCK64

SLCK64

18. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I would like to thank the Fugatives for running such a well organized meet.
    I would also like to thank them for not giving in to the whiners with the wrong wheels or big pro street wings and tires. I think it was the closest thing you can attend that looked like it was 1966. I will never miss the Meltdown.

19. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

Big,Big thank you to all involved. I am marking my calendar for next year. Great job getting the track dry. Too many cool cars to count! This was great!
    Bob:D

Attached Files:

20. A huge thanks to everyone that participated and spectated this year. The event was a huge success thanks to you! We had a blast and can't wait until July 21-22 2012 for the 3rd annual Meltdown Drags!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  21. ...had a great time as well, with the AM rain the racing got started a bit late but once they were running it was non-stop action. Great job guys, will be spreading the word on the Meltdown all Summer.

22. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT !!!!!

Had a very good time. The early rain slowed things down a bit, but after the track dried off, the action was continuous. Was able to see MANY MANY cars that aren't usually at the regular car shows. Of course, it is so much better to see them out on the track, too.

It was very cool to see all of the 50's & early 60's Fords and Mercs. Can't remember the last time I saw a 61 Ford, let alone at least three of them in one place. All the 57 Fords looked good, too. Unfortunately, there weren't many 50's Mopars. Wish I'd spent more time in the stands, though. Planning to be back next year.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  23. Hambgrenade

Hambgrenade
    from Byron Ill

Many thanks to all who supported the Meltdown this year. Especially those who rolled the dice on the weather. We vow to keep it real. As for those that bet money the Handgrenade would blow something up, sorry to disappoint. AA/fuel 34 is a few bucks lighter after yesterday. The old heap didn't break no speed records but we launched it hard and it ran 7 grand all day. Better luck on your bets next year James.

24. neighborkidswillys

neighborkidswillys
    from byron

Hey B/Gas56, how did the popcorn machine do against the handgrenade anyway?

25. Hambgrenade

Hambgrenade
    from Byron Ill

I can tell you this, he got a really good look at the artwork Von Hartmann painted on the trunk lid.

26. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

So....Does anyone have pics of the Handgrenade running against that other black 55? :D:D:D That was a good matchup. :cool::cool::cool:

27. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

yep had a blast also!!! we stayed till the first band was done also,but had to hit the road after that. We got some great pics but looks like everyone else's they posted. I / we were the ones the first band (The One Night Standards) was asking my daughter about her '' The Afterdarks shirt".

We / you guys also corrupted the 10 year old nephew of my buddy.
    he has never been to track before. After we walked around the pits
    and looked at all the cars. We told him they are going to race them down the track. .... he still smiling today.

thanks, to everyone who showed and help put this on.

28. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Ok Rich maybe next year you could help a friend out and break your shit PLEASE. We'll have to wait and see what I can hunt up to race for next year. Having a cruizer id fun but a bruizer is more my speed. You guys going to the race on 8-6 at cordova?

29. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

my uncle and i went up in the willys on saturday. eventful drive in the rain but great day otherwise! had a great time!