Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 h.a.m.b. drags date??

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by ORGANGRINDER, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

i was wondering if i should just assume the drags are on the 3rd weekend again. trying to get next yrs calender settled.

2. Skelgas

Skelgas

I look forward to seeing Organgrinder's Model A.......I love this car.

Can't wait for the drags.......I am also looking to solidifiy the date on my calendar...

3. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

We're planning another trip over for this year so a date would be great so we can get things happening this end.
    I can't wait.

4. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

oh yeah baby !!!!!

5. brad fuller

brad fuller
    from toronto ks

gotta get vacation days setup IF YOUR NOT HAVING FUN CHANGE WHAT YOUR DOING

6. POZI

POZI
    from Cabot AR

Hey Organgrinder , can't wait to go to the 2011 HAMB DRAGS . This time we are going for the whole weekend , so if you need pit help ,your Gwatney connection will be there !!!

7. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

you just need to bring a car to race!!!!!!!!

8. TOM PELLETTE

TOM PELLETTE

New at this any rules and ware is it hope to hav this done in a few mounths thanks

9. Tony Lloyd

Tony Lloyd

Hi There....I'm brand new to HAMB message board, but an old ,(but pretty current) drag racer. Wife and I have run the Perry & Lloyd Flathead Fuel Dragster since 1985. This is a 8.90 car, on a VERY good day, and Ran 158.337 MPH on a VERY-VERY good day at Sacramento. Would such a car fit in at the HAMB events?

10. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

Hi, Tony. You bet it would.

At this point, the only official H.A.M.B. drag race is the H.A.M.B. Drags Nationals held at MoKan Dragway in Asbury, MO. in August. Be forewarned that the H.A.M.B. Drags Nationals is not your normal drag race. More like a day of exhibition runs and grudge races by class. The only thing that has ever been round robin eliminations is H.A.M.B. Gas Rail, and they aren't always done that way. Typically, winners of classes are determined by a final round of timed runs and the lowest ETs in class get trophies. Like I say, not your typical drag race, but a lot of fun.

11. RatRoy

RatRoy

I assume the host hotel is the Holiday Inn again and the race date is August 20, 2011. Anybody know anything different, please post......:)

12. Tony Lloyd

Tony Lloyd

Hi Jim....Did I meet you some years ago, at the FH/I Nats at Denver CO., Bandimere Speedway? WOW.. MO. is quite a trip, about a Denver and a half ! In 2005 Kathy and I did a lap around America, with the dragster. Went to Denver, (got beat in the first round by Bob Corbett) then we headed for the Good-Guys Indy drags, (That got rained out) diverted south to MO to visit Kathy's old TWA buddies, and visit the TWA museum in Kansas City MO, We slowly headed for the National Hot-Rod Reunion, in Bowling Green KY. Where we twisted off the Pinion shaft of our Winters live axle. Then We headed north to York PA, home of Winters, for repairs. Those nice folks took real good care of us. From PA we went to Kathy's girlhood home, New Jersey, where we participated in The "Nostalgia Nationals" at the Island Dragway in Great Meadows NJ. We got a runner up against a Ford (Looked Like a) Thunderbolt. We had him covered by about 1/4 second, and were leading at half track, when Kathy went into a big wheelie, (almost a blowover) She pulled the brake....the big Ford went ZIP. Good for him. If you are gonna get beat, get beat by someone GOOD! Our Next event was at Englishtown, a week later, it was supposed to be a two out of three match race with another Fuel Flathead Dragster, out of Long Island NY. He never got it to fire, We made three play passes and showed off to Kathy's sisters and cousins, who took her to the drags at Englishtown, when Kathy was a little girl. That was the last big trip we took, with the dragster. I heartily recommend that "If you have a suitible hot-rod, do a Lap Around America, run at a lot of dragstrips." It probably shouldn't be something as delicate as a Fuel Dragster on 85%. But a gas dragster would be a lot of fun. Put it on YOUR bucket list!
    I would like to run the Dragfest, at Bakersfield this spring, my health is a little iffy. I think the HAMB guys out here go to that event also. See Ya!

13. jason65

jason65

Is it all weekend or Saturday only?

14. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

Yes, Tony. That was me.

I'd say the Eagle Field event would be the closest thing to a H.A.M.B. Drags-like event in your neck of the woods. Not too tightly organized and just out for fun.

15. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

It depends on how you look at it. The actual race is just on Saturday, but the event is more than the race.

16. rchotrod46

rchotrod46

I need to get my vacation submitted… has an official date been set for the 2011 H.A.M.B Drags?

17. Dates? need to schedule vacation!!

Via TJJ on iPhone

18. RatRoy

RatRoy

Don't miss Friday at the Holiday Inn parking lot and Saturday night after the races. Those are as much of the event as the racing....:):):)

19. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

and the swap meet in springfield!!

20. snakes1949

snakes1949

When where I want to go?

21. snakes1949

snakes1949

I know where mokan speedway is southeast of pitsburg ks. Beautiful place.

22. Looking forward to 2011 Drags.

23. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

Any Dates yet?

24. Domn8r

Domn8r
    from Helena, MO

I too need to have the date for vacation purposes. Got to have it in by the end of February.
    Thanks

25. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Looking forward to this years HAMB DRAGS! Impatiently waiting for a date like so many others, gotta have the wife schedule for time off and arrange a place to stay, hoping to catch some of the extracurricular hotel parties and such this year, might be driving my new to me 65 F100 out but doubt that I will race.

26. Bull

Bull

Anyone? Anyone? . . . The Scavengers are interested in bringing our Stude gasser but need dates ASAP so the club can make plans!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  27. Daves 5898

Daves 5898

Still didn't see a Date for 2011??? Daves 5898 Olds Cheers!

28. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

29. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

If it happens ths year at MO-KAN the open date that they have on their website is August 20th where it reads "TBA". Many in this area feel like there is a sense that the HAMB Drags are getting too big for MO-KAN.

Say it ain't so Ryan !!!!

Lundy

30. Maybe it will be at Charlotte .....

[​IMG]

Like the old days at Fresno, Raisin City, & Fontana
    [​IMG]