Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 Detroit Auotorama...Going ? Showing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hapydz, Dec 20, 2010.

1. I asked this question on Harms Way's interesting thread at http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532387
    which deals with posting vintage photos from past Detroit Autorama's.
    It was suggested that my question would be more appropriate on it's own thread, so here it is.

Well, who is going to the 2011 Autorama and are you going to show?
    Ron
    p.s. I can hardly wait !!

2. Rochie

Rochie

Hey Ron,
    you ARE showing the new car Right??? I've only missed Detroit twice since '63 so I will be there. Looking forward to seeing the black car.

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The Iron Lords are planning on making the trip up to Detroit. I'm hoping to go but as of right now, ScooterMcRad's wedding the is the following weekend and that's numero uno on the priority list.

I don't have a car to show and doubt I'd trailer it up to a show that I couldn't drive it around at in the evenings. Maybe an actual show car.

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

I will probably be there as always,..... But there is a better than good chance, I won't see any of you,... This thread should explain it.

"In the still of the Night", Detroit Autorama , In the Witching hours,......
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=450664

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010

5. 38mag

38mag

I hope to be there.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awe man, it would have been nice to meet ya. But even so, I'd love to see one of these shows while the crowd is at bay.

7. Maybe try to get one of my piles in the basement this year.

That is If I can get the wife to let me escape for a few day and If I'm not recovering from yet another f*#ckin' surgery...

JJ, let me know if your coming, I'd love to hook up with you.

8. millersgarage

millersgarage

I was just talking with the mrs about getting my '47 in the basement.

I plan on being there, lets hope I get it together

9. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Hummm .Could be touch and go to close finishing up the FC's and racing and other indoor show

10. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Hotel is booked, registration mailed. If you see me, say hey!
    [​IMG]

11. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Im finally going to my first one this year...tried to go the past 2 years but couldnt make it. Thunderbirdesq, I saw your car at waterdown this year...its perfect.

12. Eight433

Eight433

I'll be there, just spectating of course

13. Great looking car. The stance is perfect.
    Take a tip from Dean Jefferies, stand behind the car in a photo, let the car be the star.
    If I see your car there, I will stop and say hello. I will look for a break in the weather so I can drive up from Atlanta.

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think the Tell Tale Signs should play the basement....I'm just saying.

15. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Haha, I don't know... I'll bring my harmonica, two-string guitar, and a stomp-board and do an impromptu gig in our hotel hallway. Matt will be there too, he can play the spoons. :rolleyes::D

Thanks Y-block! Yeah, it's not too bad for an old clap-trap jalopy.

16. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

I'll be there. I have a booth in the Artist's Alley next to Singlefinger Speed Shop. Stop and say hi!

17. No car this year ( no changes, so why enter again with the same car ) and no Club display ( can't win 2 years in a row ) some club members have been working on something else to put in the show though. Always fun to hang out for the weekend and marks the downward side of our winter here in Detroit a month after Autorama last year and we were into cruisin weather.

18. Plowboy

Plowboy

Some of the Illinois Gayrodz will be up there. None of us are bringing cars though. We will just sponge beer off of the So-What crew.

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm going. Gonna pass on the "Winter Weekend" at the Packard Museum this year. Love em both but they got me last year. This year I'll be there ready to be abused by the likes of the Singlefinger crew and Denise about my shit not bein done...again.

20. chopd54

chopd54

Entering my 52 Chev..

Attached Files:

21. If I can remember how to hold a brush I may be there with the stripers, artists and other weirdos.

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Very cool! The lower level is growing by leaps and bounds regarding the quality and quanity of traditional styled hot rods and customs. Thanks so much for helping to make that happen.

You got shit?:rolleyes: News to me....I've never seen your shit...EVER :p

psst...if you bring "Apple Pie" both to the the lower level and my Hot Rod Mingle you MIGHT get a repreve for all the shit talking......at least for one weekend.:D

Yep, I'm going to have Big Olds downstairs with his matching mini-bike.

23. Mattbee

Mattbee

I will be going with my Dad. My first time. I am counting down the days until Autorama.

24. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

So is that some sort of beer sponge bath then? This I gotta see! ..er well, maybe not... :D:eek:

My pleasure, see ya there. Can't wait to see the matching minibike!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  25. Hi Wayne;
    The new car will be there, if they will have me. I hauled it to London (1000 mile trip from Thunder Bay) in October just so that it would be close to Detroit as I didn't want to drive the North Shore in the middle of winter. One way or another, Myles and I will be there as we have reservations for the duration.
    Have a good Christmas and we will see you in Detroit.
    Ron

Attached Files:

26. Harms Way

Harms Way

Or just take a tip from George Patton,... and lay under it ! :D,....:eek::eek:
    OK I know that wasn't funny,.... but I couldn't help myself.

27. It's easier then you think to do in Detroit.

I remember one year a group of Inland Emperors closing down the hotel bar at the Pontchartrain. Then heading back across the street, drinks in hand. Walking right past the security guard and into the show. We were all being kind of loud, wandering towards the Cavalcade of Kustoms display when one of the Ridler judges walked over and politely informed us that show had close a few hours ago.

Our only downfall was we were loud, smelled of alcohol, and holding our drinks from the hotel bar. As long as you don't make those mistakes you should be good to go.

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Are any Emperors going this year? Drag that OGRE Chris along!

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Just cuz you get by the first security guard doesn't mean there aren't more. In fact that what HarmsWay does at night. Him and his posse patrol Cobo Hall in golf carts so hooligans don't cause any hassles.:D

The key to seeing the event without all the peeps around is to get the three day pass that the exhibitors wear. You have early and late access to the cars PLUS both move in days. Anyone who is showing a car gets 2 passes and can purchase up to six more at $20 each. ;) Certainly the best deal on the planet when it comes to indoor car shows. I paid $50 for a three day pass for the Long Beach gig in Sept and I can't even imagine what the GNRS three day pass is since one day was like $25.

30. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I heard a rumor that Gambino was driving the orange car out, and if I can sell a few prints we are going to drive the Boogie Van up from Houston with no heat lol