Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 Grand National Roadster Show - HISTORIC RACE CAR BUILDING !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Sep 10, 2009.

1. autobilly

autobilly

Cool daddyo!

2. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Guys , we have room for a few 50's - 60's Dry Lakes/Bonneville cars and thats it. If you have anything please let us know asap. Thanks, Axle

3. Cal-Paul

Cal-Paul

Can't wait to see John,haven't seen him in 5 plus years

4. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Paul, he'll be surprised to see you and your car. I haven't said anything to him. Lets make it a surprise.

Still looking for a few more Bonneville cars

5. James66g

James66g

I will be there for sure with the Galaxie! So how do we sneak in and park in the show like every one did last year !?

6. Cal-Paul

Cal-Paul

That's gonna be great!!! Told my wife that John is going to be there and she's excited to see John also. Is Mary tagging along too??

7. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

5 weeks left lets go

8. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Still looking for a couple more Lakes/Bonneville cars built in the 50's or 60's.

9. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Alex,

Sounds like a lot of work for you--but what a great idea. Good luck with it. Can't wait to see some super rad flatbottom boats. I almost got one for free a few years ago, and I've always had a soft spot for them.

See ya next month.

10. James66g

James66g

Ok so I haven't gotten an answer yet how does a guy roll his car inside like everyone did last year? or was that a club only thing? I am talking non judged here also were is everyone staying that isn't staying at the Sheraton?

11. axle

axle
    from Drag City

This isn't really the proper thread for this but not a big deal. Simply go to www.rodshows.com and print out a "Drive In" application. print "Suede Drive In" on the top of the application , fill it out, and send it to the address listed on the app. Its in Rancho Cucamonga. All the best. Back to the topic ...............

12. We will be there next month...I am counting the days....can't wait. We are getting 3" of snow right now!!!

13. Getting close... we are leaving Merced at 05:00 on Thursday to make sure we get there right in the middle of all the traffic. I am really excited, wish I was closer to being ready...I will share some pics as a teaser of part of what we are bringing.. if you like vintage race car pics I have an album on my profile that are from some of the Valve Burners of Merced from the '50s.. see you in Pomona...

Attached Files:

14. axle

axle
    from Drag City

The Cotton Chopper and the wagon are going to be close to the front - next to Dick Krafts BUG and the Triple Nickel truck and race car.

I think all of you guys will enjoy what we've done in the building. The "special" sound system alone should really give you goosebumps !

Axle

15. Well Axle,
    Tracy and I have both cars loaded and we are heading out of Merced at 05:30, yikes!!!, we are caravaning down with Reinero and his Willy's, he fired the old Hemi up for the first time since it was last raced about 1969, sounded great... see ya there tomorrow, with blood shot eyes...

16. DEROSAGIRL

DEROSAGIRL

Very Cool! Should be a great show!!!