Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 Grand National Roadster Show - HISTORIC RACE CAR BUILDING !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Sep 10, 2009.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Back on top

2. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

How would you go about finding out you cars' history? or what type of racer it was? more pictures on myspace.com/metzcraft in teh exStreamliner folder

3. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I don't know where my pictures from the last post went? so I'm posting them again... the body was tubed and the doors brazed closed, reversed firewall, holes in the doors for the rear radius rods, hole on the pass side seems like it was for a exhaust strap... it came from the Phoenix area in the mid 80's... Essex frame and turtle deck are my additions... any help would be appreciated...

Attached Files:

4. Trust me if there is history on your car this is the place to be, some of the best resources on the net or anyplace are right here. The HAMBer are the very best with all things automotive...

5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Dave Crouse from Custom Auto is bringing the King & Hensen Belly tank and his personal "Dead End Kids Dragster originally owned by "Rapid Red Lang" .

Attached Files:

6. axle

axle
    from Drag City

A couple more pics

Attached Files:

7. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Back to the top

8. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Two more cars added from the Mooneyes collection

Attached Files:

9. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Food for thought. Get hold of the Chrysler Museum and see if you could get the "Silver Bullet" out there. It's the 67 GTX the Chrysler Engineers used to thump the streets with on Woodward back in the day. Very under the radar but basically factory backed. Might be a good show for the west coast guys. Also there's a TF car here that has good history from the mid-60s. "The Michigander" Car is still very original and has been a several cackle fests. PM me if yur interested in that. I could put you in touch with the original owners.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chrysler Museum I think has a restored Color Me Gone car too.

10. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

I have a trophy for the 1967 ORS grand national champ. i found some info on it. if anyone knows anything, I have a thread for it under my profile

11. I loved this car, glad to see it is still around. didn't it belong to Jim Addison?
    still looks tough as nails...
    [​IMG]

12. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Great pictures. Thanks

13. Jay.S

Jay.S

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but this is my first time going to the show this year and was wondering if you have a list of vendors that will be there? Thanks. Jay.S

14. axle

axle
    from Drag City

www.rodshows.com but i don't think they list them on there. Just in the two buildings that my wife and i manage there will be around 50-60 vendors. In total expect to see over 400 vendors throughout the grounds. Axle

15. Jay.S

Jay.S

cool looking forward to it! thanks.

16. THAT sounds like a really FUN building. You really have a big task ahead of you. Make us proud!;):cool:

Maybe you can do some recruiting in Bako next weekend?

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Probably thee most iconic race car on Woodward ever.

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

$178 round trip air fair. Things are looking pretty good!!!! I'll be excited to see this building if I can come out.

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You need to call the Sheraton Fairplex NOW and make your room reservations. Staying out where you did before is a pain in the butt.

AND if that's the roundtrip flight cost you should jump on that right now as well. Detroit to LAX is over $100 then that right now.

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I know, I was thinking about crashing at ScooterMcRad's place whether he likes it or not and have him cart me around all Saturday hahaha!!! I think he lives out Huntington though so I would be in the same boat. I'll talk it over with the Red Fox. She always can find some good deals.

21. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check your PMs

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yep, I love to crash at friends places, and do quite often, but in this instance you are then trying to cram the show into one day and missing the other related activities that goes along with this event. The party on Saturday night at Bobby's shop is a don't miss event, and you want to make sure you leave plenty of time for the NHRA Museum along with socializing with folks in the Sheraton bar. Yep, need a few days in Pomona for sure.

23. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Groucho, i'm definitely doing some recruiting at CHRR , and plan on handing out special invites but Drag Racing stuff is coming my way daily. What i really want to start researching more is Indy, Bonneville, Drylakes, Jalopy, and PanAmerican Racing stuff. Again, if any of you know anyone that has that stuff please let me know.

Might even put a couple Moonshine runners in there for good measure !

24. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

Man when ya read that it sounds kinda, well.......Kinky
    FRITZ

25. axle ... check your PMs

26. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Back on top

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Humm, this sounds like it would be a good year to swing a plane ticket and make it down there for the show and festivitivies. I'm not on my laptop, don't woop me for spelling mistakes.

28. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  29. axle

axle
    from Drag City

30. Hey Axle... anything new???