Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 Barrett-Jackson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by STRCOMP, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There looks to be some nice rides going acrossed the over priced auction block this year.
    John Dillingers 1930 5 Window. On Saturday thers a nice 46 Ford Woody and a 53 Packard. 32 Roadster also #1366.
    Friday has a 37 Logan midget.
    Lots of Fords again & several Woody's
    All out of my price range but still fun to watch these knuckle heads try to out bid the others when the cameras are on.
    Hate the late model "Charity" cars.

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

old news-watch if you like, go if you like, buy if you like-but, leave it off here Thanks

3. Hambone64

Hambone64

My money is on Auction #1

4. kaboom

kaboom
    from STL, Mo

I like the "Charity Cars" Especially when Ron Pratt out bids his own bid of $5 mill to $6 mill for the first 2009 Mustang GT 500.

5. Just saying there may be a few cars that guys would be interested in. Or maybe not.

Attached Files:

6. A couple more.

Attached Files:

7. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I allways have a Barrett Jackson party an let the footballers have theirs.
    Its the same thing exept their's dosent rape their hobby.

8. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

its still about cars! and some cool ones so i like it!

9. metalshapes

metalshapes

Is It?

I doubt it...

Seems to me its about money, egos, and the theatrics of it all.

I bet most of these guys could switch to bikes, planes, or real estate in a second if that was the flavor of the day.

To me, this is the most repulsive car related thing on TV, right now...

10. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

Fat chicks hate skinny girls like poor hotrodders hate Barrett-Jackson. In psychology its known as self hatred and maifests itself here quite often, especially when talking about the B-J auction.

Guys that buy 100,000 dollar Camaros are not driving up the prices on your lowered fourdoor Chevy shitboxes, or over channeled Model A sedans. dont worry. Youre right, you have heart, they dont.

Oh and Football players not raping their hobby is a good one, ever heard of O.J. Simpson?

11. John Denich

John Denich

Very well said!

12. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

It is repulsive.
    Thats why the comments get better and better as the beer gets less and less.
    Its millionaires buying things they have no use for as opposed to millionaires chasing a ball.

13. John Denich

John Denich

SO a guy spending HIS money on what HE wants is repulsive...its his money!!! 90 percent of the cars that are there are not traditional cars anyway! I don't get it! its no different that a rich guy buying a 10 million buck home or a plane or a big boat, the small house does the same thing, he can fly on South West, and have a blow up dingy, Hell if I had millions I would be right there buying some bitching cars....AND EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU WOULD BE TOO!!!!

14. metalshapes

metalshapes

I'm not sure I understand the self hatred remark...

A guy racing a Vintage million dollar Racecar can spend more money than these guys that shuffle them around like chess pieces, but thats the person I can relate to.

What the other guys do cheapens it, in my opinion....

15. Couple more to fuel the fire!

Attached Files:

16. Harms Way

Harms Way

:cool:Common guys,..... ya' know ya' watch it, even if you don't admit it, you can all comment on it with authority because,... like the rest of us you sit there in your favorite chair, look at the car and say,..... "I used to have one of those and I beat it like it said something bad about my Mom":eek:.

Then it sells for some stupid money and you shake your head in disgust and wait for the next one to come up. You might not want to admit it, but there ratings are high for some reason:D.

So go ahead and take you little TV into the closet if you must,.... but you know your going to watch it,.... don't you :rolleyes:

17. hotrodfrank

hotrodfrank
    from dearing,ga

it is just another tv show, i don't get it so i don't watch it, it is your time, spend it like you want

18. I have said before, I will watch every minute of it and gripe about the commentators, shake my head at some of the prices, be jealous at some of the good buys, and look at some really great cars of all types. Did I mention the ladies. The blond lady spending millions give me... well you know.

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Thank you BJ for making my garage troll worth way more than i bought it for(68 Charger)..its O/T for this board..but im glad these guys with stupid money are making my ol stuff worth so much more than it was when i started..Its about time something worked in my favor..

two ways to look at this now aint there?

20. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

Look forward to it every January.....It's kinda like the beginning of the car season...Plus, i like to be dazzled by Steve Magantes {sp?} bear trap, detail memory

21. slefain

slefain
    from Atlanta

I just booked my flight out there. I might bring my checkbook if any obscure stuff rolls across the block for cheap. Sometimes I see the auction results for these big money parties and there are O/T cars I want that sell for $2 - $3k just because the people there aren't interested in cheap cars.

I'm going to cover the story for work, so at least it is a free trip for me.

22. screwball

screwball

I just wish they would show some of the tuesday wednesday and thursday stuff on the T.V. show. I watch it on and off over the weekend when the wife and family allow.

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

Almost sounds like watching the Super Bowl (you arm chair quarterback, you :D,..... oh yeah, and dirty ol' man:D:D)

24. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I watch it. I actually like to see what some of these cars bring. I dont personally like all the cars that go across the block. But there are some real cool rides that do.

25. Harms Way

Harms Way

Or,....... you can watch the "Oxygen" channel with your wife,...... (also known as "The evil Man Channel"):eek::D

26. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

I will be there. You can watch me on TV.

I like cars and am not so full of myself that I think the world revolves around me or what I think a traditional hot rod should be. I am going specifically for the off-camera parking lot and hotel parking lot deals.

I build and drive cars and that is my tradition. I barely have time for TV...;)

27. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I can't to be there that week also to hit the others like Russo & Steele, R&M, Silvers & Gooding..The best deals are done in the lots way before the auction block.

I might even take a few pictures too.

2010 winter stops GNRS,50th Winternats, Detroit WOW

28. Kerry67

Kerry67

I am going to be working there this year. Got a part time job pushing the cars on and off the stage. Got to go in tomorrow to do some paper work........As of right now everything is a go.

29. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I even enjoy watching the reruns that are on now! When i hit the lotto its on my list of things to do!

30. How do we pick you out. Flash a gang sign or something!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.