Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 Back to the 50's HAMB Ground Zero?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seesko, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Last year at the Hamb Meet and Great at back to the 50's there was some talk of having a place to meet and great for the whole show and/or a place to just hang with other Hambers. Most people seemed to think it would be a good idea.
    Just wanting to get feedback and ideas.:confused:
    What's your .5 cents?
    Mark

2. Ruiner

Ruiner

Most of us hang out at the Horse Barn area all day...I'll be trying to have my '57 Pontiac there and possibly doing one or two small pinstriping jobs while I'm there...depends on how much the g/f wants to walk around and see the show...

3. well that would be better than in front of the Meca auction, they have that fence up and no parking on that side, would be better to get some shade, and pavement, incase it rains. We should do a HAMB display or banner so people can know where it is, maybe post in the Line chaser also.

4. RopeSeals???

RopeSeals???

I may not make it this year, but I think it's a great idea!

Horse Barn sounds like a good spot out of the way...

5. never can find the horse barn, usually by the machinery hill area, but would like to meet and visit a while
    anyone ever wear a HAMB t shirt??:D
    it is exhausting for a old man to try to walk around and see all the venders :eek:let alone the number of cars too look at

6. A central spot would be good.:)
    Maybe some kind of HAMB ID would be a good idea. Hats, Tee shirts. Something.

7. I think a meeting point that is valid all weekend is a good idea. I don't have a clue where though. The horse barn was good last year, maybe we could park in the street by the restrooms. If there is a sign by some cars it would serve as a meeting place for hambers to just come and go.

8. Billet

Billet

The horse barn seems to be an easier area to find a spot than the Mecum Auction Area. Last year I was parked on the west side of the horse barn and I didn't arrive too early. The area offered some shade from the sun and some of the light rain. See ya there!

9. thats a great idea that could be a world wide thing. lots of shows around the globe and with nearly 100 000 members, why not.

10. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

11. Ruiner

Ruiner

The horse barn has been the meeting spot since at least '03 when I was lurking here before I joined...might as well keep it that way...as long as we can get enough people to show up and park before the regular folks show up and take all the spots...

12. I camped in the south campground and last year I was probably the 30th car in. There was so many spots I could not decide where to go. I am going to be camping there again so I can easily park there and take up space. How do we get a sign for the Hamb? I wanted to bring my Fiat Topolino but they said no because it is not street legal and has no license or insurance so i will have the model a.

13. It works for me. If most people are ok meeting there.

14. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Horse barn works for me.

15. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

They've moved the Mecum auction to the cowbarn this year. I think that is the building directly across from the horse barn. It may cause alot more traffic for the meat & greet.

16. Ruiner

Ruiner

Wasn't it at the cow barn last year?...I never pay attention to the auction crap...heck, I rarely ever go anywhere other than the meet & greet spot, I can't stand the traffic and crowds at Btt50's...

17. I guess I can walk down, took my OL there once and she was not impressed and got cranky, like the north , venders and other stuff there, lots more people we know there on north end

someone will have to get permission from Ryan to have a H.A.M.B. banner prited up by a sign shop and put it up on a couple of steel fence posts or something
    would be nice if they could bring some folding chairs for the meeting place so us walker can rest will need it by the time I get there]REST]

18. Ruiner

Ruiner

There's always a couple picnic tables in the area of the meet & greet that we "borrow"...should be plenty of room to sit...eugene, one of these days I really gotta get out to visit with you and shoot the breeze since you're so close to Osakis...

19. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I'll drop by.Probably should revisit this thread a week or so before the show so we can remember we are doing this..lol

20. Yeah, I know it's pretty far out yet. I was just thinking about it. Must be the stinkin' endless winter:(.

Where ever we decide to have it I'll bring some items to make it more homey. Chairs, A cooler or two. Pop, Water. Shade. If anyone what's to contribute support or other/better ideas feel free. I'll talk to Ryan about a sign or banner. I can do the art work. I'll kick this to the top more often as the show gets closer:) Thanks for any thoughts or other ideas.
    Mark

21. i'd like to make at least one "meet and greet" at BTT50s