Register now to get rid of these ads!

200r4 help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tudorkeith, Jun 6, 2009.

1. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

while trying to install my new B&m shifter, the nut that holds the gear selector lever broke off, leaving only the square portion. I can't seem to figure out how to replace the bolt. altthough not a proper fix, there is enough of the square end to fit in the new lever and I could try welding it. any help is appreciated

2. It's not a bolt . It's a threaded stud that's similar inside on the other end.
    If you're not familiar with those workings, and it sounds like you're not, you ought to stay out of there.
    Ordinarily, I wouldn't recommend Mickey Mouse tactics, so I won't, but if you weld the arm on, cool the weld off so you don't melt the seal.

3. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

so to fix it correctly, the pan needs to be dropped?

4. The Wizard!

The Wizard!

Its a shift shaft, easy to replace and if you weld it you will then be replacing the shaft and the seal! Pull the pan and look at it! Itsfairly straight forward.

5. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

well, I dropped my pan and it looks fairly simple...I wanted to do a filter swap any way. thanks guys

6. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

update. the shaft is easy to replace but not very available. parts stores don't have it, dealer says it's discontinued, even the local tranny guy called to see if he could get one, even ebay doesn't have one lol. looks like I'll have to remove the shaft then weld the new lever on. anyone on here have one out of a junked tranny?