Register now to get rid of these ads!

2009 Lonestar Round Up - Registration is OPEN!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beatnikontinental, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Glen

Glen

how close is the RV park listed in the lodging section to the Continental club?

2. OHR281

OHR281

3. Anderson

Anderson

So did you get my registration yet or what? Haha.

I'm going to start mailing it in on December 31st and beat the rush.

4. ratster

ratster

man, i want to go but i need a place to sleep

5. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Well Buzzard the Tri 5 Kings are last years LSR mini bike WINNERS. You know Dennis and I will be up to that challenge. You and DW don't scare us, hell I don't think you have a chance!:p This is by far the BEST car show in Texas!

6. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Looking forward to the show and meeting up with everyone again.

Hot Rods...Live Music...Races...Swap Meet - What else can you ask for? Maybe a week's worth of events? We'll have to ask El Jefe about a futuristic Lone Star Roundup Week...How bout it Steve?

7. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

What we are working on and bringing!:D

Attached Files:

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Well as of now... It looks like LIVE WIRE will finally make it to the round up.. and its
    done so I don't even have to rush..:D

I talked to DAVE MARTINEZ the other night and he was willing to use his truck and trailer... (Yes i'm going to trailer it) after all i've been through i'm sure as hell not going to break it...

I gotta take LW to the Round up.. I just gotta.... I owe it to Bob Bleed..

9. f-1freak

f-1freak
    from Texas

You can find cheaper hotels. I just booked my room at the Econo Lodge on Hwy 290 (about 6 miles from fair grounds) for $49.95/night. I just need a room to nurse my hang-over each night, not a 5 star hotel. It is going to be a blast see ya there!

10. Check is in the mail for hopefully my first Round Up. Booked hotel rooms 2 months ago at the Super 8 about 5 miles from Congress Ave. After the Round Up MJ and I are heading west for a little cruise towards Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Kansas on the back to the state of Misery. Hopefully we are going to be joined by our buddy from South Dakota. Looking forward to it.
    Later,
    Dick

11. its about 6 miles/10 minutes away... right on I 35

12. At last!! can't wait to see that beast in Austin - bring it on, Piero!

just don't break anything between now and then - its like the "anti-thrash"

13. Here in the " no coast " region there are several really good shows, LSR, Hamb Drags and our local OKC Okie Twist Off of course. I missed the minibike races last year, who from the HAMB is ready??

14. jmurphy

jmurphy

Got my room at the Embassy Suites on Congress last month. Glad I had 50,000 Hilton points to pay for it :) Can we leave our cars at the Expo Center? Just checking. Can't wait!

15. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Man, Wish this thing was the 1st or last weekend of the month, Again I probably won't make it!:mad:

16. overnight on Friday? yes - you can leave it parked.

17. Glen

Glen

We are going to stay at one of the hotels on E. Ben White Blvd and E. Riverside drive.
    We can skip up to the fairgrounds without driving thru the city and still be close to Congress.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  18. jmurphy

jmurphy

Can we also leave it overnight on Saturday?

19. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

last year there was another type of show going on at the same time as the LSR,... is that going to happen again?

I know it affected some of the LSR hotel guests, and room availability for others wanting to attend.

20. No - we moved the dates back in April this year in order to not conflict with those events again - I know there were some hotel issues. Its really hard to find a weekend in Austin in the Spring with no conflicts at all - but hopefully this weekend will work best for most folks.

21. Does the expo center lock up at some point in the night? (like nobody in or out after XX:XX)

22. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Cant wait!
    I've been wanting to go to this show for years

23. Brewton

Brewton

I've got my registration all filled out and headed to ya! This will be my first year with my car.... the thrash is on!

24. aldixie

aldixie

What Hotels still have rooms close to the Continental?

Thanks,

Ale

25. yblock292

yblock292

just put mine in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. aldixie

aldixie

Just checking dates today and it looks like the MS150 Bike ride from Houston to Austin is on the same weekend.