Register now to get rid of these ads!

2009 Hot Rod Eruption Wa State Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Thompson Speed Shop, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Thompson Speed Shop

Thompson Speed Shop

Just wondering who's going this weekend to Toutle, Wa Billet Proof Hot Rod Eruption? There is a reliability run Sat, and Drag Races on Sunday; Aug 29 and 30. Information on the web. Couver Kid and myself will be there for the reliability run in a 32 and a 40 Ford coupe, and then on Sunday along with some of the Tie Rods to race our gassers and Period Super Stocks. This looks like a really good time!

2. Brandi

Brandi

Wish I was gonna be there. Working most the day Sat.

3. zgears

zgears

Id like to go to reliability run Sat. any info link?.....................

4. zgears

zgears

don't tell me theres a Registration fee to do that?.............................

5. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Yup, exactly why im not going. Pre registration only. All was due by 8-1-09

$30 just to cruise. Includes one car and one driver of said vehical. $10 for everyone else to ride or spectate.

And the track on sunday is only 1/8 mile

6. Thompson Speed Shop

Thompson Speed Shop

I think the only charge is to race on Sunday $35. If you want to camp at the track it's $10.00. I believe that the only charge for the reliability run is for the volcanic observatory. I am not positive on this; I am just passing on information on the flyer. I am not promoting this event , and do not know anybody at Billetproof. I thought a nice drive to Mt. St. Helens with my wife and in my favorite car looks like a good time. As far as the drags go, any pre 64 drag racing event on an old rustic track is up my ally. I think that they might be on to something here, as long as they don't charge an arm and a leg to participate!. I guess I will find out, and hopefully there is a cash machine in Toutle!

7. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

I plan on attending along with another 55 chevy straight axle car.

jp

8. buckable

buckable

I'll be at the drags to take pictures. Don't have a car right now, so will miss the reliability run - unless someone would like a passenger willing to buy gas and lunch, and some cool free prints of your car. Let me know. I can meet up at the start.

The Billetproof site says no registration for the reliability run. It is a public highway, after all:

http://www.billetproof.com/upcomingshows/washington/

I'm only guessing, but I've seen it before with Billetproof events - some people who miss it will be crying when they see the pics and reports on the HAMB.

9. zgears

zgears

from the site -

Meet up for the Reliability Run at the Timberland Inn at 9am on Sat. Aug, 29. No registraion is required. Its just an informal ride up to Mt. St. Helens and the up to the Johnston Ridge Volcanic Observatory. There is an $8 entry fee for the observatory itself, but from what I hear its well worth it as the presentation is very well done. There is also a .5 mile hiking trail, so bring some good shoes. There is no food service at the Observatory so bring a cooler and something to snack on.

10. CGkidd

CGkidd

I was going to go but my daughters bday is sunday.

11. Choptop

Choptop

absolutely not true.

How do ya'll come up with stuff like this?

Particularly when the info to the contrary is posted on the Billetproof website (scratches head)...

http://billetproof.com/upcomingshows/washington/

The only true part is that the track is 1/8th mile.

You can register at the gate.
    Its $30 for driver+car to drag race
    Spectators are $10

there is no registration required for the run up to Mt. St. Helens. The only fee is for the Johnston Ridge Observatory... and thats handled by the National Parks Service.

From a post about Billetproof Washington.

look we get it... you dont like Billetproof...thats fine. Obviously something about the show that everyone else liked rubbed you wrong. Like I said before I never begrudge anyone their opinion, or how they choose to spend their time, money and effort to attend a car show/race...but posting things that just arent true about it is right out. If you have a problem with me or the show feel free to call me and lets talk about it, but I will not stand for someone posting complete untruths. Is that perfectly clear?

Alan Galbraith 916-207-4645

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  12. Brandi

Brandi

I won't be able to make it Saturday, but the Johnston Ridge Observatory IS very cool. A great run. Hope the clouds part for you guys up there! It'll be a fun one. Gonna try to make it on Sunday.

13. Payaso

Payaso

I'll be there Sunday...Old School Sunday Drag Racing...

It's ON!!

14. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Thats what i got from the Hotrod Eruption card thingy.

I didnt make anything up. At best, it may have just been a screw up on my end, from mis-understanding the little card. My sincerest apologies.
    As i understood it, the Registration was for one car + driver at the cruise, which didnt seem right to me.

Im sorry:(