Register now to get rid of these ads!

2008 Lonestar Roundup dates confirmed, and pix from 07

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beatnikontinental, May 5, 2007.

1. Hey everyone - sorry for the delay - but we have been getting things lined up behind the scenes here at Kontinentals World HQ for next year - the dates for the 7th Annual Lonestar Roundup will be April 4-6, 2008

and yes - due to popular demand - we will be BACK at the Travis County Expo Center. This means we should have lots more elbow room for the show - and for more registered cars. Registration will start in January 2008 - and we will of course announce it here on the HAMB as we get closer.

We are working out details for some new additions to the show and the weekend - and we will let you know here as we have them figured out.

details will always be at
    http://www.lonestarroundup.com/

and NEW photos from this years show are here
    http://www.lonestarroundup.com/Gallery/2007/

enjoy!

and a sincere thanks to everyone for bearing with us this past year as we scrambled to set it all up in a new venue in very little time - we have big plans for using the new space, and definitely have a better idea of what we need to make things run smoothly out there, now that we've done it once.

2. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

3. jerry

jerry

Thank you!

Now I can start saving and counting down again!

jerry

4. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I'm So there.

5. Graybar

Graybar

Great photos man- thanks!

6. You guys ruled this year with dealing with the weather. This show is so worth the 1100 mile one way trip. I am so there again next year. Let me know what I can do to help you guys out if you need it. Hey Evil did all your footage come out ok from the show?

7. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Let the thrash's begin!

Great job every year, but this past one was a standout!

8. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Sweet!!!

I will start on the car now in hopes it will be running by then.

-Jason

9. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Great job on the pics beatnik. We had a blast there and will be there every year, God willing. Are there camping provisions at that facility? I might have my panel done by then and pitch a tent. Thanks.

10. big otis

big otis
    from omaha, ne

thanks for postin the pics. the ones of my schit box truck at night on congress look great, well the pics do, the truck still looks like hell! i'm glad it made it on the round-up site. thanks!
    -otis

11. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

Awesome show! Can't wait until next year.
    I dedicated 14 color pages of the event coverage in my new issue of Kustoms Illustrated!!

Attached Files:

12. very cool, thanks - can't wait to see what you got - is that issue out now?

13. Roothawg

Roothawg

So how many will cars will be allowed next year?

14. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Sweet. The 4th Is My Birthday And The 6th Is My Wifes Birthday. Shouhld Be A Fun Weekend!

15. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

See ya there with the DUKE!

16. Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated
    from West

Yup! Brand new issue (# 13)

Here's a few teaser pages.......

Attached Files:

17. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I don't have a number, but B. probably does. I can tell you that we would not have had to shut down registration this year if we'd have known we were going to be at the Expo Center. The place is huge.

And ya'll are gonna like the "new additions" that he's talking about. I promise.

Thanks again to B., Willy B., and El Jefe for the year round work they put into the Roundup.

18. Roothawg

Roothawg

I think next year I SHOULD have something to drive.

19. rixrex

rixrex

I am of course happy for the success of the Roundup and its new location, onward and upward..I am a little sad we outgrew Fiesta Gardens down by the river and under the pecan trees, it had such a homey, BBQ pit, feel to it...

20. Big Tony

Big Tony

As i PM's beatnikontinental about spots to set up a tent and sitting area and if there would be campnig area set up at the grounds like the ROT Rally for the bikes. WHat a great job they did on the changes so i can't wait to see what they put together for the new venue. I too will miss the old venue but the expo offers so much more room. See ya'll next year

21. jerry

jerry

ABOUT TIME!!!!

jerry

22. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

Guess I need to start figuring out how I'm gonna make my way down there next year! I'm on the lookout for mags with roundup coverage, but I can't find any of the good mags where live....

23. will check into the camping thing - I think there are some camping areas nearby.

24. I called yesterday and the Hotel San Jose is already full.:mad:

25. Kettleman

Kettleman

GReat Pics, I missed it this year, next year is on the calendar.:D

26. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Excellent photo gallery -- it really does a good job of capturing the Roundup "vibe".

27. yeah - great shots again, (and every year) from our good friend George Brainard - the man with the camera. check out the rest of his work at

http://www.georgebrainard.com

he gets shots of the whole weekend every year - and they have become a great document of the show.

28. This is too cool, the dates for the LSR are the weekend before VLV. I have already started organizing a 13 day, 3000+ mile loop for my club here in Colorado. Head to Austin Wednesday April 2nd, then on to Vegas after the LSR and head back to Colorado Monday April 14th after VLV.

Depending on where you are starting from, consider a similar trip. A great chance to get out on the road for an extended run. Should work great for west coast guys, they have to blow past Vegas (kinda) to get home anyways.

Think about it........................

Johnnie.

29. Dirty2

Dirty2

You know the thrash always starts a month before !!!:D

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm there again as well!