Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 2008 Friday Art Show Review.... Some early Friday night art for ya's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Farmer, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. movingviolation

movingviolation

[​IMG]

I love this picture.............

2. selfmade66613

selfmade66613

[​IMG]

here is a bowling pin i finished up this past week....

hope every one had a good Christmas

3. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Ed is one of my favorite artists on here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Many favorites, but agreed Achicken, Ed is unreal.

5. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

..........I also have to give a shout to Squindo he designed the logo for the van plus one of my better friends that i never talk to lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

my weekly offering

Attached Files:

7. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I also love Phreds work also but i dont have a link

8. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

I love Squindos work on wood. I am working on something that is on wood at the moment. Love all of Norwells art. Zombie rules. UberMustang always fantastic work. Acrochicken, fine, fine, photography. Clydsdale, cool stuff always. Tingler love the action and colors and your work always rattles my brain in a good way. Wow so many on here that keep me going. Thanks HAMB for the artshow.
    So many fine artists of all types on here.
    A couple of other favorites of my own this last year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

How 'bout a mess o' Mercs...???

First, a logo for Back Street Kustoms in ColoRODo Springs, CO...

[​IMG]

Here's the Merc without the lettering...
    [​IMG]

and another...

[​IMG]

all done pen and ink...

R-

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  10. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

I branched out a little bit this past year and done some color work. Still digital vector, but now w/ a splash of color.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Your right cab way to many people to list including you.I left out the obvious people like Hidden Hot rod/norwell/vonfranco/sonny depalma/pacheco/weesner/zombie you know all the people that are going to get named but are still amazing none the less

12. killer review show soo far everybody....

13. PACHECO

PACHECO

Thanks for everyone sharing their great work all year!
    -Gabe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

Awesome show, amazing work, this site blows me away:)

My year in review is basically the gallery on my website www.browndogwelding.com. I started it this spring, and 99% of the content is stuff I've done since then.

The pics aren't so sweet, but here is the Loach(as it was called) helicopter I made for my father in law for christmas. He flew them in 'nam.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Both rotors spin:)

http://ncvhpa.org/aircraft.html

And here was a gift commisioned for a HAMB member, a 2007 triumph scrambler:D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

-Josh

15. picking favourites out of all the unbelievable work thats posted each week is nigh on impossible...so heres just a few that i`ve enjoyed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then theres everything by jigger, everything by Ed Tillbrook...the list goes on and on

16. A couple of mine:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. My fave of the year was real hard to pick, but in the end, I had to choose the awesome work done by Tim 'Surfmonkey' Odell for the Scarlett Fever show this past March, its already been posted above by Jeff Norwell, so I won't repost it.

I spent some time this year playing with various photo modification programs, and the following are a couple of my personal favorites.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a new one for this week.....

Black & white with 'boosted color' on the arm

[​IMG]

Here's to 2009!!

18. BiggMike

BiggMike

Great stuff this week guys

Mike

19. cheers dave....they are all awesome....that last one is my fave

20. BiggMike

BiggMike

Couple shirts I did this week.

Mike

Attached Files:

21. SRD art

SRD art
    from Utah

Hey all, hope your Christmas was as good as mine. Nothin' better than seeing the looks on the kids' faces when they open gifts.

I'm new here so I've only seen a couple months of shows. I'm so impressed with all the talent here, it never ceases to amaze me every week. I've always been a little more on the muscle and pro touring side of things and you guys have helped me see more of the other side. You've all been an inspiration to me. I think it's cool too to not 0only see art like I see on a couple other forums I'm a member of, but photos and sculpture, pinstriping, it's all awesome stuff. Hard to pick favorites, there are so many.

Here's one I wrapped up christmas eve, an illustrator drawing for a local body shop owner. He's building this for he and his dad and wanted a rendering as a Christmas present for his dad. The dad used to drag race a 59 Elky back when the son was little and family commitments forced the sale of it. This ones getting a cross rammed 409, 5-speed, and mild suspension upgrades. Black and charcoal 2-tone paint with polished torque thrusts.

Happy safe holidays everyone!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  22. 1320Paul

1320Paul

My personal favorites would have to be Ed Tillrock, Surf Monkey, Uber Mustang, Jeff Norwell, Lowcab, Jigger, Tingler, Zombie........actually I respect ALL the artists that show up every Friday. I hope you all have a great holiday season and I'm looking forward to each Friday in the new year to see what new things you guys come up with.
    Here are a few of my own personal favorites. It's been a while since I've done something HAMB friendly but I think it's time to get started on some fresh material in the new year.

Paul

Attached Files:

23. I finished this one a few days ago. I've had a lot of people ask, and yes I painted all of it, even the background. Completely rendered in photoshop with my wacom. Took way to long.
    Thanks to everyone for all the great inspiration on here. Happy new year to all.

[​IMG]

24. nikscarlett

nikscarlett
    from South Jerz

Here's something i drew up this past week to use for a few different things...

[​IMG]

25. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Heres a Duece I did for Fabulous Restorations in Hollywood Fl this past weekend!!!!!1

Attached Files:

26. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I think I finished this one in '08...?

Here's how it started (Surf Monkey inspired me to go back to good ol' pencil & paper - thanks Munky):

[​IMG]

And here is how it ended after cleaning it from being vandalized at work.

Someone I work with wrote the word Toyota on the rear deck - they pressed so hard I nearly had to scrap 3 months of work...

[​IMG]

And here is a piece that was inspired by looking at Weezner's stuff...

[​IMG]

27. Ian Wild's Ford Pop....done during a slack day at work!!

[​IMG]

28. Nice choices Jeff and Monkey. I'd be here all day if I posted my favorites of individual artists and I'd certainly leave out others more than deserving of recognition...

Please post works from your own studio that are among your personal bests and favorites. LowCab' intent isn't about patting ourselves on the back.

I'm still humbled by the response to this one and yield my appreciation to Zombie,and Norwell for pushing me to higher and higher levels with their constant bar setting entries time after time.

[​IMG]

29. ewt2

ewt2

It's been a crazy year! You guy's have inspired me and driven me to keep my pencil sharp. My other business is in the toilet, and you guy's have kept me sane... THANKS!!!!!
    Here are just a few of my favorites... ( more to come later!!!) Ed

[​IMG]
    I'm sure I've missed some people... sorry!

30. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Absolutely love the pics. They draw you in. The home gallery is amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.