Register now to get rid of these ads!

2007 Ranch Run Report

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seldom scene, Jan 13, 2007.

1. seldom scene

seldom scene

Many thanks to Rogue and his family for putting on a fantastic enduro run followed up with a party. We traveled through the mountainous back country of San Diego county. It was freezing-ass cold by anyones standards, but changelling for us so cal guys that don't need no stinking heaters [or air conditioning] there was snow on the ground in the mountains and a bite in the wind. The flyer said not for the weak of heart or motor and it was a good test of both. A great way to start off a new year driving your car is what it's all about, and a lot of people must agree as there was a big turn out and a good variety of pre 54 hot rods and customs. Thanks again I'll try to post some pics later.

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

It's 'later' already...pics?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. FastJaggersSC

FastJaggersSC

uuhh yea... pics. cant wait till next year. hopefully my ride will be done by then

4. Justin B

Justin B

i'm still thawing out from yesterday, the first stop in warner springs was 24deg. then going through julian it hit 19deg which is no joke in a roadster. freezing ass cold is right but it was still a great time. it was great to see some people i haven't seen in awhile too, Bill the 40 still looks great, and jerry even made it out from az. again and got to see us almost flip the roadster going around one of the corners to fast (i would have crapped myself but it was to cold).
    anyways here's the pics i did manage to get, i would have gotten a few more driving shots but it was to damn cold to take off the gloves anymore than i did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Justin B

Justin B

6. Justin B

Justin B

last ones, thanks again jim and carrie for a great day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Skimmer

Skimmer

Looks like one mean run ....

8. I want to thank all the kats that made it out. I wish I could spend more of my time with more people,( I say that evey year) took me over 2 houres to eat a burger and beans. Bill, Ben, Mikey, Justin, Richard, are some folk I would really liked to haved "catched up to". What a great run, this year really brought back the reason we have the run. Lots of nice folks that drive there car. Wow, we'll do it again next year.............

9. jerry

jerry

Just got in the house, and this is the 1st thing I do! Thank you again Jim and Carrie for the hospitality. I had a GREAT time!

That was one cold weekend but worth every minute of it!

Thanks for the pics Justin. So good to see yoyu again seldom scene, the car really looks good in paint.

Can hardly wait til next year!

jerry

10. Godspeed

Godspeed

It was my first time on the run and it was fantastic, I was very lucky too. I managed to collect a full house to win the big prize (two 4 of clubs in my hand, to make three 4's and two 10's). The prize was a very nice basket of stuff, and a small basket for my girlfriend (which helped since I spent all day away in the car). Don't hate me, but my car has a 51 Ford Pickup heater on board. It was used in Colorado cold weather before, and I never took it out. You should also note that Anglina's truck (Her boyfriend Pepe's driving her pink wheeled pickup shown above) did not have a windshield. He fabricated a Plastic Wrap windshield at about the halfway point, and it held!

11. What a great looking event,thanks for sharing the pics.I liked the plastic wrap windshield,ingenuity at its finest.I must say though,i'd be very happy for some of that"cold" weather about now,14" of snow-10 today.:D

12. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Great pics Justin. Looks like everyone had a good time. I does look cold, I see Les' gloves and no one was in your rumble seat. At least it was sunny. I hope it warms up before I get there next week.

13. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

thanks for the great pics man

14. Mike

Mike

As always, the Ranch Run was a blast. Pretty darn cold this year, especially driving a machine with no side glass or roof insert, but lotsa fun just the same. It's always a good time putting old machines through their paces on steep, twisty mountain roads. It was great to see all the usual folks and meet some new ones. Definately worth the the drive out from Phoenix.

Thanks Justin, for posting the pictures (the mags look bitchin' on the roadster).

Big thanks to Jim and Carrie for setting up and hosting this gig, and thanks to the Jalopy Shoppe for "facilitating".

15. Godspeed

Godspeed

16. Godspeed

Godspeed

17. FONZI

FONZI

Damn,
    I hate it when I miss one of the best gatherings of the year. I just can't go as a passenger and my car is still down. Sounds like another terrific event. Hopefully be there next year!

FONZI

18. seldom scene

seldom scene

That was so much fun, let's do it again tommorrow!

19. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

Damn-ya'll are hardcore! Oh the sun-I miss it so...:(

20. 30choptop

30choptop

Thanks for the Photos