Register now to get rid of these ads!

2007 MoKan Silent Auction Wrap-up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan292, Aug 30, 2007.

1. stan292

stan292

Hey kids -

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted. Lots going on around the home front since we got back home, including bouts with the flu for the wife and I.

Well, let's begin with a bang. After last year's teriffic showing, I had set a private goal of collecting at least $1,000 this year. I'm very happy to report that we busted that "barrier" by over a hundred bucks! The total "take" for the silent aucton this year was $1,115.00. (!!).

This amazing success was a direct result of the generosity of dozens and dozens of HAMBers who took the time and effort to provide a huge selection of great items. My deep appreciation goes out to all who contributed - and to all those who bid so generously.

While I'm on the subject of contributors, our winner of the special donor drawing (and recipiant of an original "Big Sounds of the Drags" record album) was Dick York (Dickster27). That item will go out in today's mail.

I would be remiss if I didn't give a special thanks to the large group of HAMB artists who really stepped up this year. As you'll see in the photos, the walls were quite literally covered with bitchin' artwork - and believe me, that stuff was well received - or perhaps more like "well drooled over". But hey, who wouldn't want a chance to own an example of this world-class artwork? You guys are the best!

And speaking of "walls", those of you who have participated in years past will note that my little red S-10 pickup was replaced by a bigger and better unit that allowed for much more display space, while keeping all the artwork clean and safe from exposure to the weather. Thanks go out to my son Josh, who was kind enough to pull all his welding gear out - and give it a thorough cleaning before we hit the road.

Speaking of thanks, I definately need to pass my personal kudos onto my dear wife (of 40 years!) Betty, who helped with a hundred little things, and also HAMBer Bill Owecke (blacktopbuddah) who showed up as soon as we arrived at the track, and was an invaluable help all day. If it hadn't been for Bill, we'd probably still be there trying to sort things out.

Again - a big thanks to all of you who were involved in any way. You are all proud members of the silent auction's elite $1,000 club.

P.S. I'll be getting souvenier "Donor" pins out - to those who sent stuff directly to me - by this weekend.

Attached Files:

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't even know what to say... some of that art was REALLY incredible... Thank you all so much.

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

stan, next year i will be smart enough to actually be there for the finals!:rolleyes: i never even thought of it till 9 pm! dammit.... i was goin to rebid on several things and just plain forgot to come back up that way! i wanted the 1320 painting badly...well, its my bad for forgettin!
    anywho, great to meet ya stan and congrats on the sucess!!!!!!
    todd

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, what can I say Stan. You and your wife went above and beyond to make sure this portion of the HAMB Drags went off without a hitch. I really enjoyed seeing your wife again and having the chance to chat. I know Larry enjoyed his conversation with you as well. HUGE kudos to you both.

I must say I felt like a bandit with the "loot" that I "won". I'm THRILLED with all three items and already have plans for framing and hanging.

HUGE thanks to all the artist that contributed. Without your support there would be no auction.

Stan, I promise to get Larry to print you up a very cool, very large, silent auction banner that can be used each year for years to come. Please PM him your snail mail address adn look for it in the mail this fall. OldBobSign

Ryan, sorry for waking you and Marcie up so early on Sunday morning BUT I wanted to make sure you got the "relay" package from Stan before I left for home.

My bootie :D THANKS guys!!

Desktop artwork by Gene AKA 50Dodge4x4
    I wanted this piece BAD to add to my collection from Gene
    [​IMG]

An original by Jigger. Can't wait to get this framed and hung
    [​IMG]

Wish I knew who did this. I love it and think I might hang it on my office wall.
    [​IMG]

If you didn't make it over to the cube van to take a look at what was offered.....your loss....everyone elses gain:D

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

hahaha... i dont even remember...

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

well denise, you may never make it to the rust revival, but you now own the coupe that was build for the RR.....hope thats not as close as you ever get!:eek:
    glenn, stellar work bud! see ya at the revival...or the pileup...which ever comes first!:)
    so who won the 1320 art>??????:(

7. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Stan, it was great meeting you and the Mrs.. You really put a lot of effort into the auction, the least we can do is contribute to the pile. Oh, and I'm really happy with the wind-up racer I won.

Count me in for a contribution next year.

GV

8. atomickustom

atomickustom

Stan you do a great service to all of us: donors get to contribute to the HAMB and maybe clear some space, buyers get fantastic bargains, and the HAMB pulls in a little cashola. I just wish I'd made a last-minute pass and bid on a lot more items! By next year I'll have read all of those magazines I bought, and I'll donate them so the next guy can read them. It was a pleasure to meet you. My donor button got lost somewhere in my car, but I'm sure it'll turn up sooner or later.

9. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

I too, want to thank everyone who contributed and to you and and your wife. Betty, the photo you took of me and my son turned out great - he has it on his MySpace and my wife has put it on her office computer as wallpaper. I spent all the cash I had with me, plus had to write a check for the last piece I won. (Thanks Ryan for giving me that option). The only piece I didn't get was the Jigger piece - since I was out bid, I'm glad it was Denise that got it. Thanks again to everyone.

J.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You can come visit it any time you want.;)

11. Rusty

Rusty

MAn there was some cool stuff like the slot cars etc. I quess I lost all the items I bid on. Glad there was plenty of participation this year

Rusty

12. stan292

stan292

BTTT one time - just to be sure everyone involved gets the word.

13. well done Stan! that's an impressive haul.

14. What a great auction! Stan, you and Betty did a great job. I couldn't believe how cheap stuff went for. I got Chromedrat's Chief skull knob for half of what I expected to pay. Hopefully, next year there will be more participation. Just a suggestion.....what about having the auction in the three hours prior to people actually lining up and racing? A lot of folks got so caught up in staging and racing, they forgot or decided not to visit the auction. I honestly believe the haul would've nearly doubled if people would have had a chance to participate without feeling they were going to miss out on the racing action. Just my $.02..........