Register now to get rid of these ads!

* 2007 Hrcc Open House Photos! *

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Django, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Kevin and I want to say thank you to everyone who came out. We had a great turnout and had a great time despite the slow food issues. ;) Hey, we build hot rods, we're not caterers. :lol: It was great to see old friends, new friends and some fresh faces. Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. Thanks to the crew too for busting ass and helping to make it all happen.

There is about a 2-3 hour window that I didn't get to take pics as I was manning the grille, cooking. Anyone else have any cool pics?

Open House Pics

2. Chad, you guys had a perfect day for it!!! Looks like a good time was had by all. I was gonna come but I got to go to the Indy car races at Joliet on my bro-in-law's company. Great steaks, beer, and a race for free; it was a good time.

3. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Looks like a good time....out of curiousity whatd you guys do for the wall paper in the bathroom?? It looks very neat....

4. scotsmerc64

scotsmerc64

by far the coolest shop i've seen in a while!

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Thanks!

The bathrooms were decorated thanks to the sacrifice of copies of Hop UP: The First Twelve Issues, R&C, and 50 Years of Hot Rod.

6. Appleseed

Appleseed

Ha! How about my dumb ass showing up a day early? Ha ha. I roll up to the shop about 2 p.m. on Saturday and nobodys there. Lucky's working on his LeMons project. I ask him why everyone cleared out for the open house so soon. His look told me I was dead wrong about something. Uhh...thats tomorrow. Aww, man! So, insteed of going back home (80 min away) I ended up hanging out and chasing tools. Kevin took pity on me, invited me to his house and fed me pizza. Thanks again, Kevin. It means alot to me to be invited to someone's home. Then we cruzed to a car show (the name escapes me, sorry) in Itasca. So, I got 2 days of hanging out. Thanks again guys.

7. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

Great pics thats a kick ass shop!

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That was pretty funny Appleseed! The cruise was the Woodfire cruise, and the final cruise night there as it is getting bulldozed.

9. Your shop is huge.

I didn't see the 27 T roadster Bonneville/street car project in there, has it moved?

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

It's in there. It had the body off to showcase the chassis...

[​IMG]

11. Congrats to you and Raygun on keeping the shop going.

Sorry, I wasn't able to make it...the wife had a change of plans for that weekend.

Here's a photo of from one of my many other visits to your shop.

Attached Files:

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Thanks for the pic Bizmon! Sorry you couldn't make it.

13. I hope my tire smoke didn't get anyone pissed. The cop i did the burnout in front of was amused, or at least he didn't pull me over. Me and dad had a good time, thanks.

14. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

The place looks great... Hope we can make a club trip down and see all the cool shit you guys have... Very impressed.
    CheaterJack

15. Appleseed

Appleseed

Dude! That was great. The cop look at us with a WTF face. Too cool.

16. Harris

Harris

That shop is awesome!

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That was a riot! The cops are pretty lenient down here and stop in every now and then, but to light them up right in front of one... priceless. :D

18. Priceless is doing it while driving on two tickets and not getting a third or fourth ticket or a free ride to jail.:eek: :D

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

20. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Good to see the IIBB contingent represented with "Apache" Bob and his new hot rod. I keep telling him he's too pretty for that truck!

I love the new digs... I need to schedule a 'sales call' and come down there on the bosses dime. :)