Register now to get rid of these ads!

2006 Lonestar Round Up info and registration coming soon!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beatnikontinental, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

There's a bunch of us from the Chicago area planning on going.

2. Slonaker

Slonaker

Only an hour from the house. I just emailed the wife the dates, and marked it on my calendar! :)

Slonaker

3. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Bands are starting to fall into place. Big Doyle Bramhall,Devil Doll, High School Caesar, The Thunderchiefs(w/ Shaun Young)......more to come.

4. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

I'm gonna be there for sure, don't know if my '50 will be done though. I lived in Austin for a couple of years and I miss it. Great place, beats the hell out of Dallas any day! Hey Jeepers you got any space for a fella and his wife?

5. L.B ANGE..

L.B ANGE..

wouldn't mind checkin it out i seen it in magazines and on vids and it seems like one helluva event.
    how far is the closest airport?

so its from friday to sunday?
    any atractions?flame throwing ,burnouts etc?

any info will help.

6. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I'd like to say yes, but the wife's fixing to have our baby girl like any second now and it maybe too soon for company. We'll start the hotel/motel rate thread when it gets to be closer-there's alot of pretty cheap lodging close to The Continental:D

7. L.B ANGE..

L.B ANGE..

how far is the airport from this event?
    will i need to rent a car?

i really wanna attend this event,but i need to get my things together.

any info will help.

8. Airport (ABIA) is about 15 min southeast of the Continental Club, very easty to get to from the airport. Yes, you will need a rental unless you know someone here to pick you up and drive you around. Hotels are everywhere Downtown, if you cant get into the San Jose or the Penis, I mean the Austin Motel, the check into the Embassey Suites down the street. That is where I stayed before I moved out here, free drinks from 5-7:30 every night, unlimited! If not, check with Jeepers, he might have something you might like. best advice, get on Yahoo, check out some maps and get acquainted with the city.

9. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I'm not with Marriott anymore, but I'll try and help anybody out if I can!:D

10. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Jeepers what is the name of the motel on the south side of the river where a bunch stayed last year? I stayed there as well and can't remember. TP

11. mikeyboy

mikeyboy

Boy................you gonna have that wagon done ?????

12. L.B ANGE..

L.B ANGE..

thanks man,i now have a better idea what to plan for.

sounds good.

i'm gonna look further into attending this event.

thanks for the help.

13. desertdroog

desertdroog

I hope to be able to make it this year. More than likely with Hot Rod Ron and his wife following them in my 54 Ford.

14. Frank

Frank

I'd like to convoy down there with some folks, but I'm not eligable to enter since my Galaxie is a 66.

I'm always up for a road trip though.

15. gokartmozart

gokartmozart

Look forward to seeing it, man. Bringin' the Ranchero myself (with Norton in back)!

Also, if like last year, the Austin Record Convention will be on that weekend. Great for finding rare shit. The guy from Bim-Bam Records in England makes it each year, real nice bloke.

-David

16. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

I don't know what it is, but there is somthing about this show that causes people to do crazy burnouts on Congress when its over. :eek:

17. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I think that's an Embassy Suites. They have a list on the official website of preferred hotels and motels. Those places are usually extra cool. Congress used to be a redlight district (I've heard), so there's a ton of little old school motels with kool signs all up and down it.

18. xtralow 60

xtralow 60
    from houston

I'm there ! Been planning whole year around that weekend.