Register now to get rid of these ads!

2004R w 2-4's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fatkoop, Jan 14, 2011.

1. fatkoop

fatkoop

I am building a '36 Ford w/ a 283 and 2004r. I will be using 2 WCFB's on an old Offy intake. Have any of you set up the TV cable with 2-4's? There doesn't appear to be enough room behind the rear carb for any kind of TV cable bracket. I will also need a very short TV cable, probably around 12-14" or so. Can I cut down a stock one? I'd appreciate any good advise. As soon as I figure out how to post pics, I will.

2. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

There are a couple of options-
    Constant-pressure valve body- This turns the TV cable into a kickdown cable, so if you don't have it adjusted just right it won't tear up the trans. You could also use a manual valve body, which eliminates the TV cable altogether. I have both.

Bowtie Overdrives- The other option is to use the Bowtie Overdrives TV kit, which I have used also (it's still on the car). This includes an adapter plate and the geometry corrector device.
    www.bowtieoverdrives.com

Are you using a progressive linkage? That would complicate it to the point of probably requiring the aftermarket valve body. A stock cable can't be cut, but you can buy a universal cable that you cut to length. http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/catalog/catalog_inc/viewitem.php?ITEMID=510

3. Pretty sure Bowtie won't have a bracket for WCFB's

4. T Fritz

T Fritz

I did it on a 2-4 set up with a locar cable attached to the front carb and a bracket off the back side of the rear carb. This was a nonprogressive carb linkage set up.

5. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

BUT with any of the other plates you could make a plate to fit. The key is the geometry corrector, it allows you to adjust it to get it just right.

6. fatkoop

fatkoop

Thanks for the response! I will be using a nonprogressive liinkage too. Do you have any pics of the TV cable setup you used?

7. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

Here you go.

Attached Files:

8. I believe he was looking for a WCFB cable set up

I don't see watch you pictured coming close to fitting this:

http://www.smythetech.com/jens/Carter wcfb.jpg

Question for OP : Why would you want a non-progressive set up? The original cars started and idled off the rear carb.

9. I like Lokar's stuff. I found Bowtie Overdrives hard to work with....my set-up is a bit odd and they didn't seem to get what I was doing (LT1 w/2004-r...not THAT wierd). Lokar's cut to fit and had run flawlessly for 3 seasons, great instructions and didn't kill my paycheck. I think they make them in black, too, so you don't wind up with the dreaded "billet" TV cable.

10. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

You can run the throttle pressure cable down to the gas pedal. I've done this to a few cars..... (if its a car with a dash, you hide pretty much everything..