Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 2004r and 283

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hayden waits, Feb 24, 2018.

1. hayden waits

hayden waits

welp i stumbled across a deal i could not refuse and im the new owner of a 65 283. its going in my 89 camaro my thing is tho will it bolt right up no problems to a 2004r? i have one that i had built years ago and i have no money lol itd be nice if i could use it...any help?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

I think you're in the wrong neck of the woods. Hamb is about older cars, 1989 is way too late model.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

By the name and the question I have to wonder if you are not a troll from some other board getting his creds for bugging the HAMB guys. You have to understand that this is a pre 1965 only board. The engine is ok the car isn't.

If you see this post before the thread gets deleted by the moderators go over to this board, they do those late model things. http://www.hotrodders.com/
    One thing to get in your head, if you put that engine in that car which to me is a bad joke of doing something, make damned sure you remember to get the water pump for the belt system you run. you are no longer looking for engine parts for the year model of the car you are looking for engine parts for the year model of the engine.
    Fought an overheating problem in one of those crap Camaros about 25 years ago that had an early engine stuck in a 90 something and the damned fool ordered a water pump for the car rather than the engine.

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

283=no accessory mounting on the heads (58-59 did have only one end of the head with "some" bosses for air ride)
    200R4=Camaro needs a torque-arm mount (I'm personally not sure of the year Camaro that would require that)

HotRodders.Com may be a better site for the OP re these questions. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

5. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know this is the wrong place to ask and maybe even answer this question. But who would try to put a 283 in that car?? Find a 305. There has to be tons in local yards. You'll be much happier. And leave the 283 for a Hot Rodder!

harpo1313 likes this.
  6. Go back and change your car to a 1964 Camaro and see it it fits.....:D

7. hayden waits

hayden waits

no its going in a 64 c10 gasser project after awhile the camaro is just a learning place but no im not a troll i just want to put it in there for a bit because the c10 isnt together yet and stuff but im and old school hot rodder i dont do efi and i typically only do 4 speeds but im broke right now lol so the camaro is just a drag car and the 283 is not staying in there anyway i figured people would understand but nevermind i guess

8. hayden waits

hayden waits

going in a c10 gasser im working on soon i just wunna make a pass in that car in honor of my pawpaw

9. Dave Friend

Dave Friend

broke (money) and drag racing don't go together. O yea it does. If not broke before you will be after.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018