Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 2000 Posts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wicarnut, Jul 24, 2018.

1. wicarnut

wicarnut

I was lurker for a few years, member now 9 years and wanted to Thank, Ryan/Staff, (Bob K RIP, for HAMB reference) and members for the site. This thread is something I check everyday, have made some friends here, allows me to share my past and current activities in the car hobby which at 70 for me have slowed down greatly for many reasons, always was and will be a "CarCrazy"till my expiration date. The Pic's posts, History, Build threads, Members past exploits threads, Tech has answered a few questions for me and the best part is we are all CarNuts with variety of views, VERY KOOL IMO. Again, a very BIG THANK YOU ! to everyone. Have a Great Day and Be Safe !

2. Here's hoping your "expiration" date is many, many years down the road!...........Don.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. I also lurked for a year or so and took the plunge,back then if you didn't have thick skin you were in trouble, at that time a introduction was almost mandatory not suggested.

I thought long and hard what to post having read reply's and knew I had to impress,that went out the window!

What I thought was a good intro and me being totally new to computers I didn't realize the caps lock was on and you would have thought I was satin himself,caps lock is yelling I was told and I received a virtual arse kicking and didn't post again for several days until I got a PM from Denise (hotrodladycruzer) and she coxed be back out and I have always been grateful for her friendship.

I've made many friends and I have also made a few mad,but I try and be as supportive of fellow members and helpful when I can.

I have been a member of the Hamb for 15 years now and as Cob so eloquently put it."Danny,you are a HAMBOHOLIC. HRP

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018

5. BTW,this was the first photo I posted with my introduction,both are gone now. HRP

upload_2018-7-24_12-25-1.jpeg

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Recently I was talking with some friends and we got around to something about my car and someone was like, "Didn't you put up a build thread on that like 10 years ago?"

I was like "Naw it was just... shit... yeah, like 10 years ago."

Damn.

7. Hope this for us all

8. Time fly's my friend. HRP

9. I lurked for about an hour, then decided I belonged here.

10. ............and we're all so very happy that you decided to stay.:)

11. Not sure all are. ;)

12. I totally agree with Don. HRP

13. ..........................all the ones that count, Dean.:D;)

14. wicarnut

wicarnut

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  15. Deuces

Deuces

This place is cool!!!....:cool:

16. .....................Very cool! cold-thermometer.jpg

17. Deuces

Deuces

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Everything I like about the car hobby is here along with some really great people. Bob

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's amazing how time flies. It was 10 years ago last Dec 28 that I joined after seeing comments about "those guys on the HAMB" while following along with a Traditonal rod group in BC.
    It was a whole revival for me as I had pretty well bailed out of the rod scene because I was tired of what I had done or bought being considered obsolete before I even got to an event with it.
    My avatar was taken 20 years ago this week by a Japanese tourist at Bonneville but I cut myself out of the photo in avatar shot. Yep had the official salt flats sunburn too. At Bonneville 1998.jpg

20. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I'm a newby… been here six months. I know nothing about computers but I had tons of fuel altered pictures, fuel dragsters, and other stuff.
    Thanks to Jnaki , who was kind enough to tell me how to post correctly, after my first few posts were deleted. Thanks to Moriarity, for teaching me how to turn my avatar the correct way (not upside down), and Deuces, HOTRODPRIMER, and Loudbang, you guys are great. Gary Reynolds for jarring my memory with tons of old pictures. And RYAN, who runs this. All these old, opinionated, sorta hard headed old guys can be like herding cats.

21. Deuces

Deuces

What I do?????......:confused::oops::(o_O;)

22. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

well, mostly lust after Linda Vaughan, other than that I don't know :):p

23. Deuces

Deuces

Thanks bud!!! It's all in good fun.. That's what I love about this place...
    Too bad I gotta go back to work tomorrow which means I won't be on here as much... :(
    Oh, well... Life goes on...

24. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I joined in 2009... Took a long break after my divorce, then came back. Not even close to half of 2000 posts... But perhaps someday...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. I think I blew right past that 2,000 post thing a couple of days ago!:eek::D......Just call me motor-mouth! Sometimes I probably need to keep my opinions to myself.;).....Don.

26. Deuces

Deuces

Still very slow around the workplace.... At least I'm getting paid to stand around..... Waiting on aluminum castings from the foundry to arrive.... In the meantime, I can hang with yous guys.... :cool::D

27. I never gave a lot of thought to post counts..I see I'm over the 2000 posts count also.
    Never planned on being so active, it's just that this site releases those thoughts about the passion of our shared hobby that a lot of people you run into can't relate to.
    I like to see pics/ build threads of other peoples cars, so naturally I want to reciprocate with my own, at the risk of over doing it.

The numerous posts on this site keeps things moving at a fast pace..keeps it fresh.

28. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Well unfortunately,I don`t have any old iron just an old OT pickup/DD.But I love this site and am a daily viewer.Great bunch of Ladies and Gentlemen here.AND a great boss(Ryan).Thank you Sir.
    Thanks to all who participate in the discussions.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

wicarnut and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  29. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey...everybody needs a little relaxation and good conversation.
    I can go to McDonald's and hang out with the other old farts. I learn stuff. Like how every time somebody invents a better carburetor, the big car companies buy it and tuck it away. And then another fella spoke up and reminded everybody about the guy a couple towns over who invented a carburetor that allows an engine to run on water. But they got that one too. I'm not kidding...lol...this conversation took place only a few days ago.
    Or I can listen (JUST listen...lol) to their opinions on politics, religion, who makes a better tractor, etc.

Or I can hang out here.

Ok...sometimes I enjoy going to McDonald's too. If they don't mind if I hang out with 'em, then they're ok in my book...lol.

But the Hamb is more important to me than I EVER would have guessed it could or would be. And for more reasons than I ever would've imagined.

Besides...the Hamb is open later.

wicarnut, loudbang and Ron Funkhouser like this.