Register now to get rid of these ads!

200 six in a modified help!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by poncho, Apr 29, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho

hey everyone!! i have been building a hot rod with a '79 200 that i put in with a c4...now i am having issues with the car getting spark...it cranksover but the distibuter isnt geting power...i have the duraspark box mounted and all that but im not sure as how its all to work,,which wire powers the box??..which color wires go to the coil??...i didnt take the engine out so i dont know where its all to go and what wires do what,,any diagrams [hell even a hand drawn diagram will do]...i do have power to the possitive on the coil,can i cut into one of the 3 wires that goes to the distributer and run power that way,,???if so which color is the power wire?..ARGHHH!!! HELP....THANKS CRAIG

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

3. ray

ray
    from colorado

yes hit the fordsex site, in the tech section are some instructions on using a GM hei ign. module with the ford dizzy, i'm running one on a 250, works great, much cleaner looking.

4. mikeyboy

mikeyboy

k.o. the two wire connector ( red / white ) is power to the box, red is hot in the run position,from the ignition switch, white is hot in the start, from the I terminal on the solenoid. The four pin is black / violet / orange, to the dist. (colors match. ) The green wire in the four wire goes to the ground side of the coil. The coil is hot off of the ignition switch, through a resistor if you want or you can use a coil designed for use without a resistor in line. You can tap the white wire off of the I terminal into the wire going to the (+) side of the coil to get 12 v in the start position if you do use a resistor.
    Hope this helps.

5. KustomSkylark

KustomSkylark

I didn't like the way the duraspark looks so I put A '67 200 distributer with pertronix in mine.

6. poncho

poncho

thanks everyone...i ended up doin' it like mikeyboy said..and she fired right up!!!