Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 200 classic cars for sale video...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49ratfink, Jul 29, 2016.

1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

cruising the interweb I came across this video of a 40 year collection of old classics. lots of good stuff here... I figure if you don't like rusty old cars sitting in a lot something is wrong with you.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

guess I'm the only one who likes crusty cars:confused:

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Do you like your women like that too??:D

4. cs39ford

cs39ford

WOW. A ton of 50s stuff

5. mike bowling

mike bowling

WOW!!
    I want the red El Camino!!! And a Riviera, and a Caddy, and an Olds 88..........
    Thanks for posting

6. Looks more like a junkyard than a collection. Lotsa neat stuff though. I got a feeling there ain't going to be a lot of screamin' deals.

7. gggholson

gggholson

Had a list from them. If interested take lots of cash! No deals in my opinion. Lowest price car was $3500 I think and went upwards from there.

8. Suspicions confirmed............................

9. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Some neat old stuff for sure but did anyone else think that whoever was on the camera was GM obsessed? I mean, just as soon as the camera was on a non GM product it abruptly moved away. No big deal but I would have liked to have had a better look at the Mopars, Fords, Packards/Hudsons then what was given.

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

dealer in Mankato, Minnesota - likely need two of each to make one without too much rust

11. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Too bad this company got ahold of them and not an auction company like Vanderbrink because they've obviously been watching too many Barrett-Jackson auctions and have priced them a little high in my opinion....

12. Spex84

Spex84
    from Canada

I'm seeing a lot of $800-$1500 cars in that video...

49ratfink and timwhit like this.
  13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looked to be a GM guy, he had lots of 49-51 Chevrolets. :)

14. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Neat collection but I bet there gonna be high If someone is tryin to hustle them as much as the guy is in the video by wanting people to ask a bunch of questions etc.

15. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Can't help but feel sorry for the fellow who
    collected all those only to see them rust away.

16. mike bowling

mike bowling

It's kind of like growing old and watching your friends grow old with you- you don't notice as much . (and most of these guys are always planning to fix up every one of their "collection").
    Too bad the "promo men" got ahold of it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'd love to have my back yard look JUST like that and sit in the middle of it with an oldies station on, and a cold one in my hand, laughing my ass off.
    It's MAGIC. ( and I'm a little sick).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    49ratfink and partsdawg like this.
  17. Nice collection of some interesting "Vintage" autos...I didn't see one "Classic" among them

18. Remember the old adage? One man's trash is another man's treasure.HRP

19. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Rough collection there.

20. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Guy might have owned a tow company? My dad ran a service station back in the 1950's. A number of customers abandoned their cars with him if the cost to repair was to much. He then had to pay $5 each to have them towed away.

21. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a pile of junk, more doors, missing clips and $$$$$ to even salvage. Only in their dreams.
    Warrren

22. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Lots of olds Buicks and Caddys, my kind of junk collector!
    But wait do I see two chevy Citations? LOL

23. mike bowling

mike bowling

Remember what Bloody Mary sang in "South Pacific"--"You've got to have a dream; if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?" ( "Happy Talk" by Rogers and Hammerstein.)
    You smell popcorn??

24. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing Ratfink enjoyed the tour rust and all. Only thing missing was the boneyard smell of old grease and mustiness of decaying carstuff. Those cars were on top of a former generation of forgotten iron as you could see remnants of former periods. Cars are much like us in a way they are created, have their fifteen minutes and fade away into nothingness. Only difference some...not all may outlast us...

25. Thanks for sharing.

26. Squablow

Squablow

This guy has some Packards on eBay, 55-56, what he's got is rough and he wants top dollar+, didn't look through all his listings but the few I read had the same description and shows pictures of them lifted up on a forklift. I doubt he'll sell much.

It's great they were saved for so long considering most probably would have been scrapped years ago but now I have to wonder what will happen to them since they aren't going to sell outright.

27. Squablow

Squablow

The guy's eBay name is 1983oldshurst if you want to check it out. Here's a great example, this poor Ford is listed for $3450 and the description reads

"Here we have a 1955 Ford 2dr. The car has been sitting in storage for quite some time. The car would be a great candidate to restore or customize. The car obviously is not running, but we do have a forklift to help load on to your transport or trailer. It is a fairly solid car overall but of course if you look at the pictures you will see there are some rust issues as well. This car is sold on bill of sale only, title was lost years ago."

Here's a picture of it.

rustyseller.jpg

28. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I suppose the ford could be described as "Fairly solid" depending on what you are comparing it to.:D like say this old pontiac from the same era. I would have to say this old poncho is "fairly rusty":D His ford is a 56 too by the way.
    [​IMG]

29. This car is $600. That's a reasonable price for something this clapped out. At least it's not covered in algae. That ford "raised bed" garden they are trying to sell for $3.5k is just ridiculous. We all love old cars, but some are just to far gone to be worth much of anything.

I do love seeing these old cars though, the "rotting" threads are my favs. Gotta love when people actually think they are going to "cash in"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  30. I can't believe they posted that Ford with a straight face! $500.00 car at best