Register now to get rid of these ads!

2 or 3 carbs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merc-o-madness, May 16, 2005.

1. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

well i bought a really cool thickstun 2 -1 intake for my 235 that im planning to use for an everyday driver, and my uncle is complaining that its the worst thing to do, he said that when its running on one carb the fuel wouldnt be divided equally to all cylinders and it would run bad, he said if i want multi carbs i should've gone with 3-1's cause when its running on one carb it would divide the fuel equally, but i heard that 3 carbs was over carburation. would the 2-1 be a problem or is he over reacting?
    thanks in advance

2. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

I'd run both carbs all the time.

3. shoebox72

shoebox72

Yea, you gotta run both carbs. Use a Uni-syn to syncronize them. You may have to re-jet them to improve drivability.

Billy

4. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

yea i dont think running both carbs at the same time isnt a bad idea, my uncle doesnt care for it, hes an efficiancy freak. i think imma do it that way, but i would still like to hear opinions

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

btt for the mornin peeps

6. hey man,

run both together, not progressivly

danny