Register now to get rid of these ads!

2 little paint questions...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nastyrod, Nov 29, 2005.

1. nastyrod

nastyrod

1. how much paint ( qts. gals.) roughly will it take to paint a 64 C-10 stepside shortbed?? exterior only... Satin Black of course

2. can anyone skool me on painting with rollers? was this THE thing to do back in the day? does it give it a unique finish?

2. nastyrod

nastyrod

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Depends on how much you reduce it: 2 pts. reducer to 1 pt paint, 4:1, etc...you could get up to four gallons of paint from a gallon...and I know you won't use that...possibly you'd only need one qt of blak...it'll cover well.

ROLLERS? BACK IN THE DAY? Nope...no one I ever knew painted a car with rollers...oh man, the embarrassment!!! We did have spray guns back in the day...and vacuum cleaners...but about the only thing we had for paint was enamel...or lacquer...it still got painted via a compressor and a spray gun....or if you lived on the farm, the vacuum cleaner....rollers were for barns!!!

R-

4. nastyrod

nastyrod

well, I planned on actually using rustoleum satin black... reduced 15% so if I buy 1 qt. cans... 4 qts. be enough??

as for rolling paint on, I know some use to do it... Hell They did it on Monster garage.

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

6. nastyrod

nastyrod

7. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Did you get the gloss red for the wheels yet, or are they already painted? :D

8. nastyrod

nastyrod

they're already gloss red...

9. moparmike

moparmike
    from Austin, Tx

HaHaHaHa.
    "Back in the day" we did use rollers to paint cars, demo derby cars. That was latex paint.

10. nastyrod

nastyrod

mmmmmmmm latex...