Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 2 inch drop tube gasser axle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kurts49plym, Jan 2, 2015.

1. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

Who makes the axles for speedway or who bends the tubes? For my 55 the straight axle sets it too high in the front, the 4 inch drop is close to what I like, but a 2 inch would be perfect. No I'm not adding spacers, changing perches, flipping springs etc. I want to either build the axle or find someone that sells a 2 inch drop, ford ends, 51 or 52 inches king pin to king pin. Please let me know if you know the source of who bends the tubing. I have searched and no one makes the axle. Thanks, Kurt

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Give Ron Pope a call at Ron Pope Motorsports. He can custom make most any part and his prices are REALLY good.:) He is a HAMBer and a super nice guy to boot.

Here is his site:

http://www.eztbucket.com/

And his phone number:

(865) 932-7541

And here are the parts he made for my current altered project. They came in exactly as promised and exactly when promised:

[​IMG]

Can not recommend Ron enough.

Don

3. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

Thanks Don,
    Shot him an email this morning, no response back. Looking for someone that can bend the tubing. Fairly easy to make just an axle "as straight". I need a dropped tube axle. Nice to hear of your recommendation. Sometimes hard to find these days!

4. Some little kid in China makes the axles for Speedway. LOL

Don gave you good advice.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

WAC Customs [BCHOPIT I think here on HAMB]

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Pickup the phone and call the gentleman.
    Folks that are busy working to make a living don't have time to sit and stare at a email inbox.

7. jammer

jammer

X2 what Glenn said !

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It is also Saturday, and I am sure he doesn't work 7 days a week. He makes more than straight axles, I am sure he can bend them anyway you want.

Like Glenn said, call the guy Monday. I have never had a problem reaching him via phone or email.

Don