Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 2 doors vs 4 doors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobg1951chevy, Oct 21, 2016.

1. anyone who thinks a 4 door is on equal footing with a comparable 2 door. All they gotta do is try and sell the four door and they will learn that there is a big difference.

slowmotion and exterminator like this.
  2. You are absolutely correct sir and I'll still come haul the '56 moredoor off for ya. You can keep the engine and transmission, it would make me an excellent sleeper. ;)

hey how are things goin for you all? You were relocating weren't you? Did you get settled?

3. stimpy

stimpy

the only 4 door I have respect for I owned was my 65 newport with a 413 with a mild cam and a typewriter , at one point the P.O.'s put a inline dual quad setup on it and headers and stepped duals and large mufflers on it ( nice and quiet ) and it had 3:90s and a sure grip ( they used it for pulling a trailer) , I put wide tires under it and that thing would hook , made several "muscle" cars think twice . like a idiot I pulled the motor for a "A" body project and sold the rust free body , the typewriter trans I sold for more than what I paid for the car as it had the goofy c-v ball style joint on it .

as for my current the 50 cheiftain I have is a 2 door sedan , hardly see many of them but 4 doors I see all the time . only reason why I bought it was it was 2 doors , even though its the same size and looks as the 4 door .

bowtie56jw likes this.
  4. The Chicken house across the road is empty. My take is those folks got too big for their britches and KARMA bit them pretty hard. They where planning on a grower house. but ran into too much rock. So they built a smaller free range egg layer building. Spent about a 1/2 million dollars constructing the building ,roads ,drilling well ect. And put in 6000 laying hens. they where red chickens that lay brown eggs. and the eggs where supposed to sell for high dollar. And just when those chickens started laying eggs. The company that furnished the feed and marketed the eggs. canceled the contract. So there is a empty building. and the insurance,interest , payments and taxes are still having to be paid! Im still gonna move. I just bought a great quantity of chain link fence and hardware. My son lives on some property we own atop Bowman Hill south of Hardy Ar. Its zoned commercial. So we are cutting down the trees(don't want them dropping limbs on valuable junk!) and fencing 2 acres with 6ft fence. There is already a 30x40 concrete slab there. And what we want to keep is going to be relocated there. Ive been busy this week fixing tires to make the keepers into rollers. Was outside a daylight toiling at that task. I learned a good way to stop rusty rims to stop leaking around the bead. break them down and liberally smear the rim with axle grease. Sometines I hook a garden hose to them and fill them with water! Bring a trailer and a wad of twenty five $100 bills any you can very easily own that 56 chevy. If it was a 2 dr I could easily sell for 5 grand. LOL

5. If I had 25 I could come up with 26. Wouldn't want anyone to say I cheated you. :D I got one and know where I could steal an ugly dawg if you can help me with a little gas money. :D :D :D

Glad that it is working for you, offer still stands. if it comes down to tacks and you need a hand I am still willing. No strings. ;)

6. dave plmley

dave plmley

7. I must be the exception to the rule,at least with the early Ford's.

I sold this 4 door Deuce several years ago for considerably more than the 2 door sedan I recently sold. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Blue Moon Garage

Blue Moon Garage

1936 Buick and me.jpg You guys must have been floating in money and living in places loaded with '32s, 34's, 40's, etc. Some of us didn't have those choices and were glad to have anything at all. Not only did I not have to hide my $45 '36 Buick or blame it on my folks, I was proud to have one of the few cars in the student parking lot and I was the envy of my buddies who didn't have anything. It was mine. Never had any money to spend on it, rarely could afford more than 2 or 3 gallons of gas at a time. Four doors didn't bother me or my friends in the least. It sure beat riding the bus to school! Kissed my first girl in this car...............

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  9. Au contraire mon ami,we were poorer than a church mouse when I was growing up but I was working candling eggs 6 afternoons a week,mowing lawns at the age of 12 . HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. gene-koning

gene-koning

The 1st car I ever drove was Dad's 64 Olds Dynamic 88 with a 394 4 barrel carb. My friends gave me a rough time until about the first time we went down town and had a little street race. The 4 door sedan with 4 pretty big guys laid a stomping to that 327 Nova 4 speed. The Olds grew a lot of respect around town. It was a great car, until the trans crapped out a few months later, and then the replacement trans crapped out a few months after that....

All that said, all of the hot rods I've built over the years were 2 door cars, or pickups. There have been a few 4 doors, some sleepers, along with the hot rods. A wife and 2 kids makes a 4 door a lot easier for the family ride. My wife and I have always had 3 vehicles, one for her (nearly always a 4 door) a work ride for me, and a hot rod. I discovered a broken hot rod when you had to go to work the next morning wasn't much fun. Gene

11. RaginPin3Appl3

RaginPin3Appl3

Denny's a true hot rodder

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. This whole argument was addressed in a recent issue of Hemmings Classic Car mag. The gentleman writing the editorial argued that vintage 4-door cars were the same as their 2-door counterparts from the front seat forward. He also stated that they were a relatively inexpensive way for people to get into the hobby. But, what do I know? I own a 4-door wagon. (Richard Rawlings don't like him no more-doors.)

14. Poor is an understatement. Usually by the time I paid the rent and groceries there wasn't much car money left. I had to do a lot of wheelin and dealin to afford my old cars. It made me very particular, well that and I didn't mind driving a Ford in a Chevrolet world. :D

15. You did have it tuff! :D HRP

16. thunderplex

thunderplex

We were so poor, I remember my dad telling mom the garbage men were at the house. She told them to leave two bags. I'm telling ya, ...we were poor.

17. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Yes I'd take that Fordor over the Tudor any day.
    I think 32-34 Fords are a rare exception.

Sent from my SM-G935F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Half a page and you still didn't tell us "why did the chicken cross the road".

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  19. ...........................Great quote, Danny. Hope you don't mind if I use it.