Register now to get rid of these ads!

1st ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Winfab, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Winfab

Winfab

I'm a happy man! After 2 1/2 years I finally drove my hot rod about 500 ft. from my shop to my house, picked up my 13 yr. old son who was by my side most of the time building it, and drove back to the shop. Felt good to know we did it a piece at a time and didn't have it all delivered in the brown truck. It's a tupperwear '23 T (here we go) with a Moon style tank behind the body (no shorty bed here), low to the ground, 215 aluminum Olds for power. It was about dark and the headlights even work!

2. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

That's the best thing about cars.
    There's another "first time" every time you do one.
    Congrats on the newborn. [​IMG]

3. slowpoke

slowpoke
    from Austin, TX

Cool! Now go out and buy your first digi-cam and get us some pix. [​IMG]

4. IT's alive and it move's!!!!...........Congrat's.......may you enjoy many trouble free miles.......great to see a son helping out dad with the family hot rod!! [​IMG]

5. <font color="green"> You mean that 215 was good after all? Damn, shoulda asked ya for more money. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good to hear it's going. Even better to hear your son got some good experience helping you. </font>

6. Winfab

Winfab

Actually Neppy, this 215 is one I had a bit longer and went through it completely. The Buick 215 I got from you is for a future project that's so secret even I don't know what it is yet!

I hope to be able to post a pic of the car, as was suggested earlier.

7. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

PICS PICS PICS...I'd like to check out that 215. Congrats.

Now, did you let the boy drive it yet? [​IMG]

8. picts, picts, picts [​IMG]

9. CONGRATS!!! Now...let's see some pics!

10. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

and you call yourself a hamber???? where's the pics!!! you can't keep teasing us like this, come on man, lay 'em on us! congrats! mike

11. Winfab

Winfab

Well....I'd like to call myself a HAMBer but I guess I have hamburger for a brain. I haven't figured out this starphoto thing to post pictures. I took 5 pics and can't seem to access them much less include them in a post. I AM the poster child for computer illiteracy! I could e-mail them to someone if they'd be kind enough to post them!

12. Winfab

Winfab

See if this works.... [image]~photo.starblvd.net/Goat/1-1-1.jpg[/image]

13. Winfab

Winfab

Could someone post a picture or two for me if I e-mail them? PLEASE??

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks

14. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

15. Here ya go, Winfab..now, about those wheels..........

16. Winfab

Winfab

momentumfoto and Rocky....Thank you! How in the world you do that posting stuff is beyond me. I messed with it 2 hrs. last night.

Rocky, I figured I'd get a comment about the wheels (Weld Pro Stars). The rear ones were a swap meet $80 for the pair score but it needed 4 wheels so....
    I would have been happy with, and still would like to find, a pair of 15 X 4 or 5" and a pair of 15 X 8" steels with a 4 1/2" bolt pattern.

I guess I have a "gold chainer" image now [​IMG] In reality, my son and I used a lot of grinding wheels, MIG wire, scrounging and knuckle busting instead. Can I still hang out here [​IMG]

Thanks again for posting the pic.

17. nekroman

nekroman

Goofy wheels or not, it's rolling, that's a lot more than I can say for anything I got right now. Good job.

18. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

Congrats to you Mr.Winfab!!! The "T" sits awfully nice,and with an all alluminum bent 8,I can imagine she goes pretty well too.Keep up the nice work.