Register now to get rid of these ads!

1st Post / Barn Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wltr_Mitty, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Wltr_Mitty

Wltr_Mitty

I've been lurking for too long... finally crossed paths with a sweet project. It's a '36 5-Window that was parked in 1960. No rust to speak of at all. Doors are hung perfectly, etc... The engine and trans are gone, but the rest is all there. I already made the deal... but I'm curious to know what you all think it's worth. I figure it's worth at least the hundreds of hours I would have otherwise spent on a rusty hulk...

How's this for a work of art...

[​IMG]

2. Sweet find. I'll bet that was easier to find than your intro...

Just ribbing ya!! Some of the locals can get their BVDs twisted if you don't post an introduction in the "New to the HAMB?" section. So, tell us a little about who you are and for God's sake man, MORE PICTURES!!!

Welcome to the HAMB. Great find. Now I have to hate you!:rolleyes:

3. Flatman

Flatman

Looks like a good collection of parts around that garage.

The trailer hitch must go though... :D

Flatman

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...is that your garage, or where you found it?...nevermind, it doesn't matter, I've already decided to hate you...:p ...nice find. Welcome...now how about an intro?...

5. brewsir

brewsir

Solid complete straight...maybe 10K. I've seen a few incomplete projects around here (5 windows) going in the 5-10 range. A fella i know even scored a 3 window ,sbc,MII frontend,AC shiny black...25K...lucky guy!

6. I hate you too... I have a soft spot for 36 5Ws....

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Is the roof painted brown then!? hahahaha:D

8. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

I hate you almost as much as that Clark guy :D

Nice score.

9. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

Absolutely not worth the trouble........that car is all rusty and yucky

I will graciously take it off your hands for $100 but you'll have to pay the shipping to my place...............

:)

Seriously, one of the first hotrods to catch my eye as a youngster was '36 Ford Coupe with Buick and 3 carbs, a true mid-fifties classic

Congratulations on your find!!

10. There seems to be some sort of automobile underneath that nice rocking chair. What were they thinking?

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...you have to join my "I Hate Clark" fan club then...no independent haters allowed...:D

12. Clark

Clark

Nice find!!!! Do you get all of the spare parts too?

Larry...I hate myself at times too:D Can I join?
    Clark

13. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...only if'n you tell me how you got that damn suitcase!

14. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

No rust huh? I suppose those catalytic converters just fell off under the car all by themselves......(can ya tell i'm jealous?) :D

15. jon volk

jon volk

I hate you. Every barn Ive been in just has animal feces.

16. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

Oh, I'm sorry. Is there an initiation or what? I'll pay dues or whatever...:)

17. Jackbolt

Jackbolt

Super find Mitty!!! Who knows what's lurking in those back yard buildings and garages??? I must admit that the garage in the pic looks like mine...after I cleaned it up.

18. UPSrodder

UPSrodder

I have to agree, you and Clark are on the "fuck, I can't believe he is so lucky" hate list. Last suite case I opened up had a dead chicken and a rat in it, and the last barn find I came across the guy said he just gave that junk car to his neighbor for cutting his grass while he was on vaction for two weeks. Kid scored a 32 5w, flathead and fender less done in the 50's. Car was there when he bought the place.

19. Jackbolt

Jackbolt

Might you have any pics of that 32 5 window that got away from ya UPSrodder?

20. Alright... it's time to start knocking on some doors... All I can say is "wow!"

21. warbozz

warbozz

Reminds me of the '36 Standard 5-window my dad bought back in 1973. It had been in a barn for 23 years with rolls of barbed wire and other junk thrown on top of it, and mice had ruined the interior- and the chickens running around on it didn't help. Only had 8900 miles when found (no, I didn't leave out a '0' :D ), and started up pretty easy. It was pretty expensive then, a whole $3,000.

22. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

That my friend is a excellent find, keep us posted with updates.

23. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Welcome Wltr, super barn find. Good to see your abbreviating the first name. We already have a Walter Mitty here on the HAMB, goes by the handle "Fathack". Of course he is the REAL Walter MItty and I'm sure you won't be interfering with any of his fantasies:rolleyes: :D

Frank

24. Flatattack

Flatattack

Ooooh, look at me. I just found a 36 5 window. Oooooh there's no rust. Oooooh I payed fuckall for it.

Yeah yeah, bragg away Walt. You Suck:D

Looks like a couple of spare doors and another ring for the spare wheel in that garage - what else was part of the deal?

Very nice find:cool:

25. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good for you. Any 36 Ford is most always one of those "can't go wrongs". I too would like to see more pics.

26. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

You can sell those continental tire kits to some bikers!

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice find! Welcome to the HAMB. It's always nice to see an as found photo with all the crap in around and on top of a car. Good luck with it!

28. Shoprag

Shoprag

Nice find, i'm still waiting for my barn find or winning the lottery. LOL
    I was wondering if that little red ring hanging above the drivers side of the car might be yours also and hoping u don't really need a red hula hoop and might just want to get rid of it. PM me if u want to get rid of it and we can work out the details. thanx and by the way great freakin score!!!