Register now to get rid of these ads!

1st day of school in style!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57wagon, Sep 1, 2004.

1. 57wagon

57wagon

Brought the kids to the first day of school in style [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

by the looks of them 2 smiles I'd say you did the right thing [​IMG]

3. CruZer

CruZer

That is cool. By the looks on their faces,they enjoyed the ride. My kids are all grown up....brings back some good memories.Enjoy the kids.... and the ride ... [​IMG]

4. InPrimer

InPrimer

you are one cool dad! enjoy it, soon they'll be bugging you to drive it!

5. Cool........

6. TINGLER

TINGLER

Oh man!
    Will you take me to school too? That is super cool.

I dig that TAAAAALLLLL T cab too. Seriously.
    Got any more pics of that truck?

Wanna sell it? [​IMG]

7. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Looks like that was a one of those days you can always keep in your mind and smile, when you think about it.Spend as much time with them as possible,its a great time of life, when they are at that age.

8. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Oh, and the truck is cool, too!

9. 57wagon

57wagon

My son is 7 and started second grade today, my daughter is 4 and still hanging during the day [​IMG]

I have the truck here at work, and will take some more pics at lunch today and post them.

Both kids were in the garage "helping" with my 57 wagon project all winter long... They got to use the da and grind away on the paint when we were stripping it down,,, helping tear apart the motor to get ready to go to the machine shop..

I agree, the more time I spend with them the more I get them interested in doing more stuff..

Here is a pic of Dominic "breaking in" my new mac 00
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are both pretty much at the same skill level when it comes to the striping, so it is pretty fun!!! [​IMG]

10. 52Chief

52Chief
    from San Diego

I used to take my son to school in the Pontiac a lot. I told him if he did well and didn't get in trouble, he'd get to ride in it, but if he was bad, had to go in the "boring" car. [​IMG]

11. 57wagon

57wagon

[ QUOTE ]
    but if he was bad, had to go in the "boring" car. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a pic of our boring car [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that then they get to ride in the 230,000 mile durango....

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Those are some great shots that will help relive those memories forever for the kids. Thanks for sharing with us.

13. Thats cool man, brought a smile to my face as well, just thinking about when my kids start going to school.

14. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well do it while you can....in about another 5 years they wont want anything to do with ya.... [​IMG]

15. 57wagon

57wagon

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh man!
    Will you take me to school too? That is super cool.

I dig that TAAAAALLLLL T cab too. Seriously.
    Got any more pics of that truck?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll work on putting up some more pics of the truck for ya as soon as I can...

16. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

My daddy used to take me to school in his.... now im driving his to school........ [​IMG]JAMIE

17. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

I love taking my 5 and 7 year olds to school in my 37 Ford, with its rumpity little cam, rattling like crazy because I dont have any rubber in the doors yet. You see these people in their silent BMWs, Lexus, and the like, watching them stare with eyebrows arched, probably thinking "those poor children". Maybe if I painted it they would approve...doubt it,but who cares.
    The teachers like it though for some reason.

Man, got to get the roadster going...they're gonna be too big for the rumble seat if I take much longer.

18. 57wagon

57wagon

[ QUOTE ]
    You see these people in their silent BMWs, Lexus, and the like, watching them stare with eyebrows arched, probably thinking "those poor children".

[/ QUOTE ]

We got the same looks today too [​IMG] The parents looking like what the hell it that,,, all the kids in the lot were coming over to check it out, and my son jumps out with the biggest shit eating grin on his face... Priceless!!

It's fun not to be ordinary!!!!!

19. glassguy

glassguy

i used to just let her drive herself

Attached Files:

20. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

The smiles on their faces say it all!
    I've told this before, but I was driving the 32 on Rangeline road in Joplin,Mo a few weeks ago when this late model Suburban comes along side.
    I see the window on the right rear door come down and this kid(about 6 or 7) turns his head as far as he can to get a look see at the 32.
    As we drove down the street, our cars would be separated at the lights depending on traffic at the time.
    His head was out that window as far as he could get it during the whole length of the ride, until his parents turned off Ranngeline.

I don't know about his folks, but I will bet my last nickle the son would have rather rode in the 32.

21. 57wagon

57wagon

Same thing happend to us on our way back from the Road Rockets show in Indy. We were headed down the interstate in my wagon, and a boy about that age was riding in his Grandpa's jeep.. We could see them as we were catching up to them and he was just grinning ear to ear.

We drove past and he about had whiplash watching us through the traffic..

It's fun to see the reactions on kids faces when the see a car that dosen't look like everything else on the road. Hopefully it inspires some of the !!