The Jalopy Journal
Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jan 30, 2008.
So what happened?? Accident or???
Rats. Sad news for sure. I saw him several times at the GNRS, including the dragster fire up, he seemed to be enjoying that.
"You tell 'em, Wolfman! When I graduate, I'm gonna be a Wolfman."
He actually had a LOT of parts
Here is a list.
Scarface (1983) .... Kid #2
"Alice" (1 episode, 1981)
- Guinness on Tap (1981) TV episode
More American Graffiti (1979) (as Manuel Padilla) .... Carlos
... aka Purple Haze
Cotton Candy (1978) (TV) .... Julio Sanchez
... aka Ron Howard's Cotton Candy (USA: complete title)
"Happy Days" .... Squirt (2 episodes, 1974-1976)
... aka Happy Days Again (USA: syndication title)
- The Second Anniversary Show (1976) TV episode .... Squirt
- Knock Around the Block (1974) TV episode .... Squirt
"Police Story" (1 episode, 1976)
- Spanish Class (1976) TV episode
American Graffiti (1973) .... Carlos
"Gunsmoke" .... Indian Boy / ... (4 episodes, 1968-1971)
... aka Gun Law (UK)
... aka Marshal Dillon (USA: rerun title)
- Trafton (1971) TV episode .... Manuel
- The Pack Rat (1970) TV episode .... Sancho
- The Innocent (1969) TV episode .... Indian Boy
- Zavala (1968) TV episode .... Paco Avila
"Bonanza" .... Pedro (1 episode, 1971)
... aka Ponderosa (USA: rerun title)
- The Prisoners (1971) TV episode .... Pedro
"The Immortal" .... Luis (1 episode, 1970)
- The Legacy (1970) TV episode .... Luis
The Great White Hope (1970) .... Paco
A Man Called Horse (1970) .... Leaping Buck
"Lancer" .... Running Fox (2 episodes, 1969-1970)
- Lamp in the Wilderness (1970) TV episode (as Manuel Padilla) .... Running Fox
- The Man Without a Gun (1969) TV episode
Cutter's Trail (1970) (TV) .... Paco Avila
"Then Came Bronson" .... Mike Wade (1 episode, 1969)
- Against a Blank Cold Wall (1969) TV episode .... Mike Wade
"The Flying Nun" .... Marcello / ... (4 episodes, 1969-1970)
- A Ticket for Bertrille (1969) TV episode (as Manuel Padilla) .... Marcello
- Marcello's Idol (1969) TV episode (as Manuel Padilla) .... Marcello
- The Big Game (1969) TV episode (as Manuel Padilla) .... Marcello
- Sister Socko in San Tanco (1969) TV episode (as Manuel Padilla) .... Michael Antonio
"The Guns of Will Sonnett" .... Boy (1 episode, 1968)
- Meeting in a Small Town (1968) TV episode .... Boy
"Tarzan" .... Jai (5 episodes, 1966-1968)
- A Gun for Jai (1968) TV episode .... Jai
- King of the Dwsari (1968) TV episode .... Jai
- The Professional (1968) TV episode .... Jai
- The Three Faces of Death (1966) TV episode .... Jai
- The Prisoner (1966) TV episode .... Jai
Tarzan and the Great River (1967) .... Pepe
Tarzan and the Valley of Gold (1966) .... Ramel
"Slattery's People" .... Dwight Ignacio (1 episode, 1965)
- How Impregnable Is a Magic Tower? (1965) TV episode .... Dwight Ignacio
Black Spurs (1965) .... Manuel
"Rawhide" (1 episode, 1965)
- El Hombre Bravo (1965) TV episode (as Manuel Padilla)
Taffy and the Jungle Hunter (1965) .... Beau
Sylvia (1965) (uncredited) .... Pancho
Robin and the 7 Hoods (1964) (uncredited) .... Orphan boy
"Dr. Kildare" .... Juan Ortega (1 episode, 1964)
- Tomorrow Is a Fickle Girl (1964) TV episode .... Juan Ortega
The Young and the Brave (1963) .... Han
Dime with a Halo (1963) .... Rafael
"Sam Benedict" .... Joey Cairo (1 episode, 1963)
- Seventeen Gypsies and a Sinner Named Charlie (1963) TV episode .... Joey Cairo
Damn, He was just a couple days older than my wife.
At least he will live forever in cinema.
This is sad news for sure.
Weird thing is, I can't find a single news item about his death. I know the HAMB is widespread, but jeez. I'm kinda hoping we've made a terrible mistake.
Any one else find anything?
i was with him at the GNRS he signed a photo for me and one for my father who came from australia for the show and was stoked to meet him and bo hopkins,he looked fine,it must of been suden to take his life that quick,to me he looked like he was loving every minute of what he was doing and what people had to say about what he had done. A shock for sure.
All these years I've been wondering where I saw him before AG. Tarzan, that was it !!! Thanks.
Sorry to read of his passing.
I can't find any info on him passing!! What happen? you should fill us in!
Theres nothing on the IMDB or any news sites.
John, I will get in touch with you.
R.I.P. man and thanks Axel for the 411................
I just spoke to Candy Clark again.
Does anyone in the L.A. / So - Cal area own a chopped 49-51 Merc that is dark in color?
Please contact me asap.
Man that sucks. RIP
Back on top.
much love and respect,rip-
You know mine Axle,but it has flames. If you need it,i'll bring it.
God speed to him,
CRAP !! kool guy and way to fuckin young to kick it.....since we were the same age....respects to him and him people............Bob or Axel ask where we can send flowers/respects etc. thanks
That is a shame! Remember guys he is not gone. He will live in out memories forever.
My favorite A.G. line of his.
"When I grow up Im gonna be a Wolfman"
Tonight I bet he is with Wolfman.
Sorry to hear the news... Had no idea he had all of the other parts that were posted. Thanks for doing that.
Dang ! Way to young .
Sad news, RIP man , great to see your last weekend was a BLAST , Thanks for the wonderful memories you left for us to enjoy from the Silver Screen.
Thoughts go out to his family and friends.
Thank you for contributing to my life.
Wow... I remember quite a few of these shows..brings back good memories...God speed Carlos...
Still hope this is a false rumor, can't find any info anywhere else but here. I used to watch Tarzan as a kid and remember him from that we are pretty much the same age. Such a shame if true.
Somethins very strange here. No info anywhere that can be found other then the HAMB....Axle what the hell is the story here. It's starting to sound like it may not be true.He was just seen recently. What did Candy Clark say?
I wish it were not true fella's.
For those that are on My Space go to American Graffiti or Candy Clarks page and see for yourself.
The family has given me permission to give out their address should anyone want to send a card/flowers. PM me and you can have it.
I am still looking for 1 or 2 chopped Mercs to attend the funeral by the families request.
Bad Bob, please let me know today.
I have been trying to get the "real" Graffiti Merc for the past 10 years. Its in the Long Island area. What wonderful farewell it would be to have that car (running or not) at next weeks funeral.
Separate names with a comma.