Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1993 T-5 Transmission

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Airborne34, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

I found a 1993 T-5 Transmission today at the local salvage yard. Tag number 1352-234. It's in a 1993 S-10 and has the electronic speedometer.

Don't really need it at this time, but I just don't see them turn up very often. For $150 and my time, would this be worth pulling for a future project.

2. Flatblack 31

Flatblack 31

Absolutely

Sent by homing pigeon

3. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

1993 may have the "Ford" bellhousing bolt pattern. Double check before you grab it just to be sure you know what you are getting.

4. Good score, the trail shaft housing is worth that alone?

5. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Ok, think I'll grab this one. I plan on taking just the transmission and leaving the bell housing in place. Anything else I should take while I'm there.

6. Take the drive shaft for the yoke and that having an extra drive shaft is not a bad thing. There are adapters out there to put a T-5 with a Ford pattern on just about anything. In fact there is a member on here whose name is INLINER who makes said adapters. I bought one from him, good guy to do business with